A couple of QB AI questions/weirdnesses

domfluff

1. Is there any reason why, or way to stop everything in a QB facing the same direction at deployment? 

I was recently working on something where N and S were set as the friendly edges for both sides, and every unit set up facing East.

The workaround for any static elements was a dummy order following setup which consisted of a facing command, but I wonder if there's something I'm missing.

2. Am I correct that no triggers work in Quick Battles? Terrain triggers disappear, which doesn't surprise me. Order triggers don't seem to function (but I could be wrong) - so you have to do everything with time-only?

If you are making a QB yourself you can make the troops face the correct direction on the map by giving each AI-group the Alt-Left Click point in the first AI-order.

That should make them turn around and face the Alt-Left Click green point on the map in the start of the QB-scenario.

Quick Battles only use occupy territory areas, so all triggers become occupy territory areas or are ignored.

Edited by BornGinger

Yeah, I get why terrain triggers aren't a thing. It's frustrating, but I understand why. Thinking about it, I suppose the reason why order triggers don't work are that we can't know what groups are actually going to be used - it's no good waiting for an order from AI Group 4 when the AI has assigned things to 1, 2 and 7.