Scenario Creation Tip - Fortifications and A/Tk guns inside buildings

WimO

Yes, it is possible - you can position functioning guns, trenches, foxholes, mines, vehicles, wire, bunkers, etc., 'inside buildings. But this can only be done by the creator of the scenario at the time of its creation and only on the ground floor.

How?

1. Before placing any other features on the map (which might confuse the next steps) place a contrasting terrain tile (e.g. sand in a field of grass) at the location where you later want to place the building.

2. Select and deploy the unit or item that you wish to place inside the building on top of the 'sand' terrain tile. Give it the desired facing now.

3. Place the building on top of it and 'voila!', mission accomplished.

4 minutes ago, WimO said:

Yes, it is possible - you can position functioning guns, trenches, foxholes, mines, vehicles, wire, bunkers, etc., 'inside buildings. But this can only be done by the creator of the scenario at the time of its creation and only on the ground floor.

How?

1. Before placing any other features on the map (which might confuse the next steps) place a contrasting terrain tile (e.g. sand in a field of grass) at the location where you later want to place the building.

2. Select and deploy the unit or item that you wish to place inside the building on top of the 'sand' terrain tile. Give it the desired facing now.

3. Place the building on top of it and 'voila!', mission accomplished.

I don't think mines will detonate when placed this way.  I did some testing but it was awhile a go. Also after you start the scenario will the AT gun stay in the building or jump out?  I remember the sandbag wall can work well inside some buildings.  I used some sandbag walls this way in the CMBS scenario Tactical Operations Center.

As the foregoing is a recent discovery, I don't know if the A/Tk gun will jump out or not, but it will fire from inside. A bunker will stick out by half.

I also observed that in a scenario created by someone other than me, that they managed to use the same trick to place foxholes smack in the middle of bocage. Mind you, the foxholes then stick out on both sides.

I just tried it with a SU-85 and a 76 mm anti tank gun hidden in a barn. The SU-85 remains hidden until it shoots then is half way out. The anti tank gun remains hidden even when shooting and doesn't jump out.

I put a Stug and a Panther on a test map with the anti tank gun in a barn. the anti tank gun shot and hit the Stug twice and you couldn't see it.  I put the Panther on Hunt command after the anti tank gun shot at the Stug and with the hatch open it didn't see the anti tank gun until it got to about 100 meters.

That's going to make some pretty interesting scenarios...😀

10 minutes ago, Commanderski said:

The anti tank gun remains hidden even when shooting and doesn't jump out.  I put a Stug and a Panther on a test map with the anti tank gun in a barn. the anti tank gun shot and hit the Stug twice and you couldn't see it. 

didn't see the anti tank gun until it got to about 100 meters.  

AT guns hidden in barns.  Hmm, that is interesting.