CMBN AAR-A Man Can Die But Once

Makes sense though.....If they are dodging vehicles, they are creating waypoints of their own. 

Is their move order still visible at the end of the turn or do they act silly & then dump it?  If it's the latter it would strenghten my suspicion that they are creating waypoints that the engine struggles with.

Just now, Sgt.Squarehead said:

Makes sense though.....If they are dodging vehicles, they are creating waypoints of their own. 

Is their move order still visible at the end of the turn or do they act silly & then dump it?  If it's the latter it would strenghten my suspicion that they are creating waypoints that the engine struggles with.

So I decided to load it up and try it out. It seems your strategy really worked, they are able to move normally again. Still dipping and weaving, but it seems like using the hunt command helped them to avoid being destroyed. Looks like I can finish the AAR properly. Thanks!

With some assistance from @Sgt.Squarehead we manage to unjank the bridge (well somewhat) and so are able to properly finish out the game.

We are instantly rewarded with the last firefly spotting and killing the immobilized Tiger tank. It takes a solid 5 hits to the front before the crew bails out and the Tiger is declared dead.

WmLVSaN.jpg

Later, while attempting to mate with the burning corpse of a halftrack, the firefly spots and kills the PZ3 (I did say I only managed to somewhat unjank the bridge).

qfGVDiM.jpg

With the shermans positioned on the bridge and able to provide some fire support on the occupied parts of Bridge West, we are ready to launch a limited counterattack. However, before that begins, a few para squads use their last rounds of ammo to take out yet another flak vehicle

b0F3gBz.jpg

An attack is then launched on the occupied buildings while they are put under tank fire. My attack is led by John Frost himself, along with a mortar squad and a few cobbled together HQ squads.

dteXZcn.jpg

While the Germans are suppressed, the shockwaves from a tank round cause the building to collapse

7rzRagF.jpg

The Paras then breach into the left building; a single sniper kills the two Germans occupying the building.

WdCtPqQ.jpg

Bq8Ohxw.jpg

Nothing much happens for the next few turns and I decide to end the game on that last effort.

V7pjZYs.jpg

The final disposition of forces:

Pe8BB0C.jpg

The Germans took quite a beating and their corpse piles are seen on every part of the battlefield (of course my losses were quite severe as well).

YGrxhmE.jpg

IJ2mdaL.jpg

0zgNuzO.jpg

Q0hScLx.jpg

NquBx5b.jpg

The real heroes were the first two Shermans, who took out about 50 men total and numerous vehicles

a6OQ1oV.jpg

FyEFxVJ.jpg

Overall, a great scenario, I do wish that maybe they made it a bit easier to navigate the bridge. Even with the helpful navigation tip, the sheer number of wreckages and the inability to push burning vehicles can make it difficult to properly get the tanks into town.

Good show. Looked like a close run thing, you did mention to me that the AI plan seemed quite good all things considered, did that opinion survive the end of the scenario? Also, did Frosty survive his little personal action near the end?