Suicidal Units!

Playing CE i rushed a couple of platoons up to the wall before the wheatfield and ordered them to lie down and hide...when all the action 'kicked off' i noticed that one of the platoons had left their position and ran into the middle of the field in some sort of Banzai charge towards the German lines!...result...one dead platoon!!...are they mad!!...if they'd have lived i would have shot them myself...disobeying orders and leaving their post without permission. What were they doing!????

This game is brilliant, but it's seriously damaging my health!...MEDIC! smile.gif

Actually I think this might be a minor bug. I have had it happen several times when I move a platoon into a position behind a wall to take up a fire platform. They seem to panic at being shot at and consider themselves 'in the open' and just dash in all directions.

Duck behind the wall guys!

Bruce

It happened to my units too. It reminds me of the board game Advanced Squad Leader in which units under heavy fire could become "berserk". In this case they ran towards the enemy in mad furry, trying to attack them in close combat. So when I saw this happen in CM, I said to myself: this game is incredible! I did not think it was a bug.