I love CMx1

I do this too from time to time. There are things I prefer in CMx1. Not enough to elevate those games over CMx2, but enough to get me to fire them up from time to time.

I like the concept of Operations (more than the execution) and have fun with those.

I prefer the way the Hunt command works.

I like the command delay mechanic

I like the full-war scope of CMBB

Little things like that. Keep on keepin' on :)

46 minutes ago, landser said:

+1  I never understood the hostility by some players re less-experienced units taking more time to execute complex maneuvers.  Yes, it sucked when simply trying to drive along a twisty road.  But, the exponential delays for each successive waypoint had many other positive simulation aspects.

• 10 months later...
On 11/27/2021 at 9:35 AM, landser said:

I do this too from time to time. There are things I prefer in CMx1. Not enough to elevate those games over CMx2, but enough to get me to fire them up from time to time.

I like the concept of Operations (more than the execution) and have fun with those.

I prefer the way the Hunt command works.

I like the full-war scope of CMBB

Little things like that. Keep on keepin' on :)

These make a lot of sense. 
BTW, you remind me of DBond at SimHQ. 

7 hours ago, landser said:

So I'm curious. What gave it away?

Do I know you from there?

You did! At least that was my recollection from not too long ago. I’ve been a member there since Thomas Edison founded it, before the Clone Wars. Also from Frugal’s back when Marconi gave him the coding to launch it. You posted some good CM AARs in response to someone gabbling about campaigns. I though that was an interesting overlap, having thought I was largely a loner in that Venn Diagram. 

Trying to remember the forum that we early Australopithecans fled, joining the early, junior at the time Frugal’s. It exp,oded in flames and died.The name was of a computer manufacturer or internet service iirc. Probably a huge sub of an overall set of interest/hobby forums.I never posted there or at Frugal’s until later years as it was obvious that The Stark Fist of Internet Horror would punch your house into the ground if you poked your head up.

Edited by NamEndedAllen

Maybe you're talking about Delphi, which is where many new members had come from if I recall anything from 25 years ago.

Frugals. Those were the days.  Yeah I talked a lot about the campaigns, that was my jam. Flame wars all around but gotta keep the focus haha.

Well good to see you again.

3 hours ago, landser said:

Maybe you're talking about Delphi, which is where many new members had come from if I recall anything from 25 years ago.

Frugals. Those were the days.  Yeah I talked a lot about the campaigns, that was my jam. Flame wars all around but gotta keep the focus haha.

Well good to see you again.

Yes! Delphi!! It was terrific. And then blew up and burned down. Frugal’s was the refuge as an up and coming location for some of the survivors. Now I see your sim racing posts, and enjoyed reading about your getting acquainted with a number of those sims I also use. But am far too slow in them for competition purposes.

3 hours ago, landser said:

Still curious how you made the connection of landser to DBond. I have said this at SimHQ "I'm landser over at Battlefront' or similar. Do you read SimHQ? Or does my unique style and panache shine through? :)

Yes, exactly so. You ID’d yourself at SimHQ. As originally mentioned, have been there since before Thomas Edison. Or thereabouts. Had to re-register at some point when my computer at the time dissolved into scrap or something else caused my original one to disappear. As Discord has flourished, SimHQ has gotten a bit threadbare. But Discord’s privacy policy is so terrifyingly in your face bad I’ll stick with SimHQ. And continue to read your reports.