Anyone noticed issues saving games?

Jace11

Keep finding files called "tempfile y.tmp" or similar in the same folder as User Data. Turns out they are save games that I thought hadn't been saving.

I'd had a few saves go missing when trying to save a game using an existing save game file name (basically overwriting a file) and also noticed these tempfiles. Looks to me like Black Sea 2.16 will no longer save over existing save names and instead dumps the save as tempfile a few directories up. If you change the tempfile extension to .bts you can recover it.

Anyone else noticed this? (Asking cause playing BS on an older system so wasn't sure if it was just me.) It isn't happening with other titles though.

Yes, I have just recently noticed that saved games that are supposed to save over the same name (as in when one wants to stop plotting a lengthy turn and continue later) do not.  To be sure a game is saved I now have to add a suffix like #a, and #b etc.  Definitely an issue for CMRT.

Thanks for replying. Yes I’ll have to be careful not to do it accidentally. Basically I’ve been doing similar to you and just doing a few commands and not having time to finish up so saving under the same name, I have to remember not to do that in the future. I don’t have F and R yet, so didn’t install the latest patch for RT. Wasn’t aware it affected that title.