Converting CMBS games from Steam back to Battlefront

I purchased CM:BS from Batlefront years ago, and recently activated it on Steam and downloaded there but the frame rate and graphics are terrible on Steam.  Using the Steam version I have played through two missions of the campaign, and purchased the DLC through Steam, but Im so fed up with the quality Ive reinstalled the game from Battlefront and found it plays much better.

My problem is how to transfer the Steam saved games to my desktop version (Ive found the Game Files and copied them to the folder i need to but they're not showing up in game) and how do I activate the DLC I bought through Steam?  The Steam version doesn't have any CD keys as far as I can tell

You'll want to contact the Helpdesk (click on the blue '+ new ticket' button in the upper right) to see if there is any way to get a license key for the 'Battle Pack/DLC' you purchased from Steam in order to work on the Battlefront version.

I've heard (but haven't personally checked) that the Steam version is 2.15, but it should basically be the same code base as the 2.14 patch for the Battlefront version. There's a possibility here that the game versions are incompatible and your game saves from 2.15 are not being seen by the Battlefront 2.14 version. The Helpdesk might have a more definitive word on that exact compatibility. Typically the location for the Saved Games (default install) is:

C:\Users\{your user name}\Documents\Battlefront\Combat Mission\Black Sea\Game Files\Saved Games

On 6/21/2021 at 10:13 AM, Kavelioc said:

I purchased CM:BS from Batlefront years ago, and recently activated it on Steam and downloaded there but the frame rate and graphics are terrible on Steam.

But the .exe being used is identical in both cases? So, your graphics and frame rate problem is likely caused by issues with the graphics card being used and their settings. If this is a notebook make sure you have set the game to use the GPU and not the built in graphics adapter and check out this tread for possible settings that will help graphic performance:

Edited by IanL
Fixed link

2 hours ago, Badger73 said:

@IanL - "Sorry, we can't show this content because you do not have permission to see it."  ??

Oops wrong link on the clipboard. I fixed the previous post but just in case people don't see it here is the correct one again: https://community.battlefront.com/topic/118549-performance-optimization/#entry1589327