Problems with pause

Playing my first PBEM, plotting second turn and suddenly I am having problems with the hotkey pause (p) command.  I plotted a number of units already and used p incremental pause a number of times without a problem.  Now suddenly, when I select the hotkey P button to insert a variable time delay to waypoints or even from the starting point, the p key instead activates the general "total" pause command when first selected, and selecting the hotkey P button a second time does nothing.  The total pause remains on.  To remove the total pause, I have to select, the little clock pause.  I have tried saving the turn and closing the game and restarting.  Problem remains.  I have also checked my cap locks and number lock but no change.  And as far as I have checked, only the P hotkey is not working properly.  

Has anybody else seen this?  Is there something simple I am overlooking?  Is there another way to implement variable time delay without using the P hotkey?  

I haven't changed anything in the hotkeys file but I did look at it and it still lists P for pause.  Weird.  Also the p key worked at the start of the turn.  And worked most of the turn.  Plotting orders for the last 4 units is when the problem appeared.   Anyway, I opened a help desk ticket but I was certainly hoping it would be something simple I have overlooked.  Playing without variable pause time is a significant handicap.  

Edited by FogForever

And just to check, I started up a different scenario and the P hotkey works fine.  Looks like something happening specifically within that particular PBEM turn.  Maybe I need to reload the PBEM turn and redo from the very start.  

Edited by FogForever