Megalon's Youtube AAR Thread

I found your YT channel fairly recently and have been enjoying your CM vids. I really like the vibe and presentation style you do. Love the retro cinematic thing! Brings back memories of going to the movies as a kid.

Maybe some Fire and Rubble quick battle vids? I can't watch the scenario vids yet, as I haven't had time to play them and don't want any spoilers. Would love to see some non-spoiler F&R vids, though!

Thanks very much for your work. Very cool, indeed.

8 hours ago, Macisle said:

Maybe some Fire and Rubble quick battle vids? I can't watch the scenario vids yet, as I haven't had time to play them and don't want any spoilers. Would love to see some non-spoiler F&R vids, though!

That's something I was worried about.  I will definitely be doing some QMB videos.  I've just started the US 1982 campaign in Cold War and have the first video more or less ready to go.  Once that's out, I'll do a Fire and Rubble QB and alternate between the two titles.

My only concern is that QB's can turn out stupid vs the AI as it is fairly limited in what it can do.  Scripted missions are generally a bit more of a challenge and more real world in terms of AI contingencies.  

I'm also in the beginning stages of a H2H game in the Italy title.  We tend to do 1 turn per day, so it's going to be awhile before that match shows up.

Edited by Megalon Jones

9 minutes ago, Megalon Jones said:

That's something I was worried about.  I will definitely be doing some QMB videos.  I've just started the US 1982 campaign in Cold War and have the first video more or less ready to go.  Once that's out, I'll do a Fire and Rubble QB and alternate between the two titles.

My only concern is that QB's can turn out stupid vs the AI as it is fairly limited in what it can do.  Scripted missions are generally a bit more of a challenge and more real world in terms of AI contingencies.  

I'm also in the beginning stages of a H2H game in the Italy title.  We tend to do 1 turn per day, so it's going to be awhile before that match shows up.

I'm greatly enjoying your Cold War vids, too. Your presentation style works especially well there. I just watched the CMFI video last night where you went H2H against CW forces with ACs and a TD. Good viewing, if some head-scratching armor usage by your opponent.

Yeah, I understand on the dicey nature of QBs vs. the AI. Sometimes, the system produces quite good battles. But, very often...not. A big culprit is AI force selection, I think.

2 minutes ago, Macisle said:

I'm greatly enjoying your Cold War vids, too. Your presentation style works especially well there. I just watched the CMFI video last night where you went H2H against CW forces with ACs and a TD. Good viewing, if some head-scratching armor usage by your opponent.

Yeah, I understand on the dicey nature of QBs vs. the AI. Sometimes, the system produces quite good battles. But, very often...not. A big culprit is AI force selection, I think.

I’ll always be doing manual force selection for the AI so as not to get a second echelon unit like an air defense battery. That’s another drag....knowing what the enemy has.