About vehicle mobility

Hello! This is my first post on the forum, I hope it is in the correct section, if not please let me know. 

On the unit info tab relative to every vehicle we have some information which I have always found misteryous. 

I'm talking about the mobility info under the vehicle image. 

There we have weight, speed, power, off road, turning. 

The only self-explanatory one is speed. Regarding the other ones how is weight a helpful info? And what about power? What is it? Is off road the ability to drive on difficult terrain without being immobilised or bogged? Is turning the turning speed? 

I appreciate battlefront intention to not explain everything but all the manuals don't say anything at all about a lot of stuff. 

Has anyone worked they head around those parameters? 

Thank you in advance! 

If I recall correctly, the weight info may have a practical use, since there is a weight limitation for different types of bridges.

The other data a probably more „for your information“. Resp., they are certainly built into the game system, but we without practical use for the gamer. Except, they give you an impression of what you can expect from a vehicle. E.g., a heavy tank with little (motor) power will probably have a poor acceleration and climbing rate. But such things you will quickly learn anyway.

Forgot to say: Welcome to the forum!

Edited by StieliAlpha

On 5/18/2021 at 3:26 AM, Aquilaruspante1 said:

There we have weight, speed, power, off road, turning.

Weight matters for some bridges. It also affects the off road and power ratings.

Speed is self-explanatory, as noted.

As noted above, power is acceleration. Whether it has any other application I don't know. I've always ignored it, to be honest.

All vehicles in CM can turn by rotating in-place. It's an abstraction. The Turning rating is literally how fast they rotate. It's based primarily on the vehicle's real world turn radius.

Off road is bogging resistance, based mainly on nominal ground pressure with some mean maximum pressure ratings for certain vehicles.