Panthers vs Bren gun carriers

While playing a 300pt QB of a lone panther against a combined arm force of British troops i noticed that when the Panther was engageing the Bren gun carries it continued to use round after round of AP shot. As far as i am aware the Pz troops were under instruction to use AP against tanks and SPGs, all other targets to be destroyed using HE or mg fire. Any ideas lads ????

ps i just love those lil close up & dirty QBs smile.gif

I was interested to see that a Churchill (VIII I think) armed only with HE didn't have any qualms about blasting away at a Marder II - and the Marder didn't have any intention of sticking around. I also noticed that German tanks and guns would try to kill Bren carriers with AP (and usually succeeded). If it's worth throwing HE at a Marder, it should be deadly to a UC, but I'm not sure whether AP or HE is better for that purpose.

Anyway, I don't have any useful information for you, so I'll shut up. =)

David

------------------

There's a splinter in your eye, and it reads REACT

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Måkjager:

While playing a 300pt QB of a lone panther against a combined arm force of British troops i noticed that when the Panther was engageing the Bren gun carries it continued to use round after round of AP shot. As far as i am aware the Pz troops were under instruction to use AP against tanks and SPGs, all other targets to be destroyed using HE or mg fire. Any ideas lads ????

ps i just love those lil close up & dirty QBs smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dunno from what I have read the coax & bow MG worked fine vs Bren carriers, maybe the range was to far for the MG to affect the Bren.

Regards, John Waters

----------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Aitken:

I was interested to see that a Churchill (VIII I think) armed only with HE didn't have any qualms about blasting away at a Marder II - and the Marder didn't have any intention of sticking around.

David

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Heh, I've lost quite a few Marders to CH VII's, Marder bounces 1 or 2 rounds off front of VII, goes to boogie and gets blasted wink.gif.

Regards, John Waters

---------

"Go for the eyes Boo, go for the eyes!!".

HE would be my load of choice against a carrier. Maybe some lighter armoured units such as halftracks and carriers should be classed as "unarmoured" strictly for the purposes of determining what type of ammo to throw at them. Not Kangaroos or Badgers though -- they use a tank hull.

------------------

Sounds like 100% weapons-grade bolonium to me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Formerly Babra:

HE would be my load of choice against a carrier. Maybe some lighter armoured units such as halftracks and carriers should be classed as "unarmoured" strictly for the purposes of determining what type of ammo to throw at them. Not Kangaroos or Badgers though -- they use a tank hull.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My choice vs soft targets would be HL rounds for tanks that had them Ie, Tiger, Tiger II and so on but their is no Gr.39HL loadout in CM for these tanks, just SprGr.

Regards, John Waters

------------

"Make way evil, I'm armed to the teeth and packing a hamster!"

buha! who needs HE, AP or MG's to take out those silly Marders... damn I have had so many occasions of a bigger tank popping up nearby and the crew (from the Marder) up and jumps tank!!! or one, (thanks Scan) of my Marder crew looking at a fire fight between a schutzen squad and his (Scans) amoured car... the damn crew just ran RAN!! I looked at the film tons a times no casuaties no hits on it (it had no damn LOS to the Car) and they just decided .. "screw this lot were out of here!" heh.. not so funny.. (you can stop laughing now Scan) tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 08-20-2000).]

hey Formerly Babra, I got more of silly stories from my Marder crews... I think they scraped the bottom of the outhouse finding these crews... one I love, is that one of my Marders was racing up the middle and it saw a Stuart and decided again... "well lads lets show those Amis whos better...lets jump tank befere they shoot then that'll teach'em!, ha?" (you can stop laughing Jadayne) tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by mensch (edited 08-20-2000).]

Had a PBEM recently where a pretty drunk Panzer IV(70) crew shot away quite a significant portion of its AP rounds at a Humber scout car - hadn't they got themselves shortly afterwards because they didn't shoot any better when facing an Achilles, they'd have run out completely in short order frown.gif

apex

For this particular scenario it seems logic to use the AP against the carriers. No other armour around, and the precious HE would be better used against the infantry.

I'm much more concerned when they run out of HE and start using AP against infantry squads, as is common in the Beta demo...

Cheers

Olle