Mr. Clark from AQ2 days?

While there are plenty of "Mr. Clarks" in the world, it is odd to see it as a screen name. Are you the one that had a nice page on Action Quake2? If so, just a word of "hello" from an old fan and welcome to CMBO. I enjoyed your page. If not, well, glad you are enjoying CMBO, the best tactical level WW2 sim ever developed! smile.gif

L8r,

Em

Old AQ2 player here. It was the most fun FPS mod ever... until the script cheaters and bots took it over. Makes me wonder what will become of CM when TCP/IP is out for awhile. Strafe-jumping Panzerschreks and snipers with headshot scripts? Goddamn cheaters always find a way. rolleyes.gif

Heh... it's kinda funny, but nope, that was not me.

It's funny because I HAVE had a page for a couple of games under the Mr. Clark name:

Tribes

Starfleet Command

Unreal Tournament

Vampire: Redemption (which I grew tired of and am now trying to turn into a CM:BO ladder... heh heh heh)

Anywayz, they've all gone bye bye now, except for the lingering VtM:R page, which I turned over to someone else.

I have been a freelance writer for the Vault Network, but they are currently going through some... uh... problems.

Anyhoo, I guess there is another Mr. C out there... must find him... "There Can Be Only One."

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RokSS:

Old AQ2 player here. It was the most fun FPS mod ever... until the script cheaters and bots took it over. Makes me wonder what will become of CM when TCP/IP is out for awhile. Strafe-jumping Panzerschreks and snipers with headshot scripts? Goddamn cheaters always find a way. rolleyes.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nothing will happen, because CMs 'guts' aren't modable. Therefore, if you're playing someone, and it's obvious that his units are behaving in ways contrary to how BTS programmed them, then it's a fair bet he's found a way to cheat. And since the CM community is much smaller than the community for just about any FPS on the market (well, maybe not Daikatana), if people do start cheating, word will get around pretty quickly.

That said, I'm not sure hacking will be a problem. People will find ways to cheat, but I doubt they'll be so obvious.

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

"other" Mr. Clark - Heh. It was a long shot. Interesting that you allude to getting rid of the Mr. Clark of AQ2 fame... his page was modeled as a spy's guide to getting rid of enemies. Sniping was especially noteworthy and honorable in Action Quake2.

You mention Unreal Tourney. I am still occasionally messing with playing it online and offline. I have a server that runs CTF most of the time. I like to play the Infiltration and Tactical Ops mods on UT too. However, if stranded on a desert isle with only one game...it would be CMBO! biggrin.gif

RokSS:I must admit that AQ2 consumed me like no other game has. For about 3 months I played it during every free moment I had. I, along with another player (Tequila), started the OFC. I played it regularly for over a year. However, the cheaters and LPBs spoiled it for me. mad.gif

Chupa said: "And since the CM community is much smaller than the community for just about any FPS on the market (well, maybe not Daikatana)," ROFLOL! good one!

L8r,

[OFC]Emthon