CM - A man thing??

This topic has probably been posted before (but then again what hasn't!)... I'm interested in finding out whether it's just us guys who play this thing or are there any women out there who like to play?. Do you play against your wife/girlfriend and give her a damn good thrashing every evening (more tea vicar!) smile.gif

Iggi, my goodness, but you are a devilishly handsome fellow!

As far as the topic goes, of course only MEN play this game! After all, we are the masters of our domains, the kings of the castle, the wearers of the pants in the family. Everyone knows that women are the inferior sex and that they have no head for the detailed thought processes involved in a game like CM, and besides.....whats that dear?...yes, I'm listening...of course you're right......

Well, back in a while guys, gotta take out the trash, do the dishes and give snoogums a toe massage.....yes, I'm coming, dear...what's that?...of COURSE I can pick up your mother at the airport...

NNJ(Whipped like a dog)...

"F*** all that, we gotta get on with these!"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

Well, there are 50% women in the population so therefore half of us are females. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhh, I remember that one! biggrin.gif Good one. wink.gif

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

CM just for guys. Oh com'om. Thats like saying playing barbies or baking a cake in my...er...a easy-bake oven is just for girls. I suppose now it wont be o.k. for a guy to play dress-up or paint your nails, or have a tea party. Next thing they'll tell you is its not o.k. to use the ladies room.

mmmmmm...easy-bake oven cakes....

My wife is excited for CM to arrive, she hopes I'll calm down and quit pacing the floor.

------------------

"It's a hardball world son. We've got to keep our heads until this peace craze blows over."

Guest Big Time Software

Women play computer and video games in dipropotionately smaller numbers than do men (various studies showed this to be fact). This has been one of the great Holy Grail marketing strategies of all time. "Gee, if we could just make a game that women would like we could double our sales". Many have tried, I'm not sure any have done more than fail miserably. Yes, some games do appeal to women more than men, and some women do in fact play games, but generally when a game does well with women it does poorer with men. There are very few games that have been able to appeal "equally" to both.

Then there are wargames smile.gif War, killing, and vehicles that cause death and destrution are traditionally appealing to men, traditionally unappealing to women. This is no slight on either sex, but yet another well studied piece of reality. So yes, CM is a "guy's game", but probably no more or less than any other wargame. Perhaps a little bit less because of the graphics and sound, but I'm talking something like a percentage point smile.gif

Don't get me wrong... we welcome women to the game and even made a honest attempt to keep the manual genender unbiased (old research and reporting habits die hard with me smile.gif. The difference is that in order for us to be successfull we need to know our audience. And our audience is probably 98% male, if you do not include all the wives and girlfriends that are "included" by virtue of having to put up with hearing about "that damned game" smile.gif Hey, my wife has had to hear about it for 3 years, which is more than any of yours smile.gif

Steve