GREAT CM QUIZOFF TONIGHT!

I'm hosting a Combat Mission quizoff tonight at 8:00 eastern time! It will be held in #cmquiz. For all you non IRC users out there, it will work with Javachat. Just make sure you dont use the lightweight chat program, and make sure you look in rooms. Well, on with the rules. I've prepared 25 questions and 5 bonus questions ranging from multiple choice to true or false. You MAY use you manual and you MAY use CM for a reference. Just let it be known that this will be judged by speed! The first person to answer the question right will get credit. At the end of the game, we will add up the points and whoever has the most will be crowned CM Know-it-all! Remember; 8:00 EASTERN time, #cmquiz. I hope to see you all there!

I am ignorant (evidence abounds).

But, if you want the ignorant represented in your quiz (and who wouldn't?), wouldn't it be wise to post some kind of link, or other explanation, as to what the hell you're talking about?

I've no bloody clue what a "#cmquiz" is, and I'll bet others don't either.

Allow me to help the poor boy.

Follow this link which will take you into the CMHQ Chat System.

http://cmhq.tzo.com:8000/

Click the the Load Chat Client button (do NOT select Use Lightweight client!!!)

Once there, enter your name (handle) and ask any of the friendly chatters to point you in the direction of the room where the quiz is taking place.

For those that prefer using a dedicated IRC client (MiRC comes to mind) all you need to do is connect to our dedicated IRC channel by setting your IRC-client to the

server: cmhq.tzo.com port: 7000 and

join #cmquiz

Have fun!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 09-23-2000).]

Guest Bloodlust

dont worry it was a travisty of justice with no allowance for latency.

when i asked gripping questions such as "how many hamsters does it take to disable a king tiger in the fastest possible manner?"

i was unable to get a serious reply.

hence from now on i shall bocott this most unprestigeish event.

Bah! and my spelling be dammed

Waxx

That was an excellent experiance yesterday. I hope you are going to repeat it sometimes.

However, I have some suggestions for rules

- Airborne is only allowed to participate again with one hand tied on his back.

- Any attempts for Bribery are sentenced with a four year term on the dreaded Hamsterfront

- The winner gets a free ride in a gepanzerte Transportfördermachine on the Sunset Boulevard.

------------------

Very strong because Mikrowaben!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waxx_IK:

Allright than. If everybody liked it, I'll do another one this Friday. Thinking up questions will be tough as hell though.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

you could solicit PRIVATE e-mail with suggestions by other for more questions for your next quiz?

-tom w