If you recieve CM on 6/23/00....POST HERE!!

Hi everybody,

CM will find itself in the arms of a lucky few before the end of the day today via the mailman. If you recieve CM today, post here and tell us about it. Give your location, and when you pre-ordered and the date your package was postmarked. I hope I get mine today. The mailman shows up at noon!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck, Captain! You're not alone in waiting - I just *knew* mine would show up yesterday ("Barbarossa Day" smile.gif ), but no dice. It was ordered in December '99, with credit card charged 6/15. I'll let you know if I get lucky today smile.gif.

Capt.,

You're kidding, right????? I'm beginning to believe the posts about your postman being part of a conspiracy or something like that. Well, hope you get it tomorrow. It must suck more than anything to hear everyone talk about it.

My sympathies.

------------------

CrapGame out

I am very sorry to hear that, Capt.... My mail won't come until the late afternoon here in SoCal. I consider today the last day I'm going to fret and stew over it. I ordered 11/10/99, my CC punched on 6/15. I can't do a damned thing about. My PBEM pals have their's (except poor Johan in South Africa) and are being kind enough to hold back games so that I won't miss out. Hope the same occurs for all you guys who are quietly waiting for the mailman.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

The Oracle told me mine would be here on Saturday. For a nominal fee I can ask him if yours will be there tomorrow as well.

Jonathan<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For a nominal fee i'll tell my Panther not to drill a 75mm hole into the side of your last remanining Sherman biggrin.gif

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

Captain, your copy will arrive tomorrow. It was accidently shipped to a honest-to-goodness Captain at army base in New Hampshire, but he was good enough to put it back in the mail unopened.

Kingfish, the Oracle says my Sherman won't poke his head into town again, but is unclear if it is out of fear of your panther or just the inability to tolerate the stench of your troops filling their pants.

smile.gif

Jonathan

Dammnit Kingfish, you and I have *GOT* to get another game going soon. I want to ask the Oracle about your game, but my troops are begging me not to. Something about having to face you again seems to cause a generalized bedwetting.

Doc

Glad to hear it, Arien. I believe the Captain wanted to know where you are (though I can see your profile shows Ohio), when you ordered, and when the package was postmarked (I imagine to refine the model of where CM is going when); I'd be interested, too. Naturally, enjoy checking out the game first (as if I have to add that wink.gif ).

[This message has been edited by WendellM (edited 06-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Freyland:

Something about having to face you again seems to cause a generalized bedwetting.

Doc<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, lets see here...

You make my troops crap their pants, and i make yours wet theirs. It would appear that you are the winner.

I propose that in our first DYO PBEM game we should make that the determining factor for victory.

------------------

The dead know only one thing - it is better to be alive

"You make my troops crap their pants, and i make yours wet theirs."

Hmm, just what kinky sort of game is the full release of CM? Shouldn't this exchange be on some "adult" newsgroup? wink.gif

Sorry... I'm going a little "nuts" (as Gen. McAuliffe would say smile.gif ) waiting for my copy. Oh well, back to 16th Century Japan for another day: I do await CM eagerly, but Shogun: Total War isn't a poor way to pass the time at all.

A last quickie...

LouieV,

In the "The Last Shipping Update" thread, dated 6/22, Steve of BTS states "As of this morning all preorders, and all orders since last week, have gone out the door [...] nobody should get worried until about Tuesday or so if their order hasn't showed up. Priority Mail 2 day service is not a guarrantee, rather the normal delivery time."

That's the official word (so I'd say that while Monday isn't too early, Tuesday wouldn't be too late). Good luck!

Capt.

I just got mine. I have the day off and was in the yard when I saw the mailman coming. Went out by the road like a little kid, telling myself not to cry if he didn't have it. I have to go somewhere now but I am going to take the manual with me, it looks super. I'll have to pick up some midnight oil on my way home. Good luck on yours. I'm in Indianapolis and mine was shipped on 6/20.

------------------

Rick614