Macintosh M1?

amidali

8 hours ago, AlexUK said:

Super chuffed I can at last be of use to someone. Normally it is me asking the questions🙂

Thank you sir for taking the leap!

battery life is incredible on this thing by the way

I’ve heard that in various reviews.

For fog, is there a particular scenario you have in mind? What am I looking for, slowdowns in performance and/or graphical glitches, and if so, which ones might they be? 

No particular scenario, maybe just open up the map editor and change the weather conditions to see what it looks like. In the past some weather effects have just not appeared or look a bit feeble, would just be good to know that mist and fog at least appear and look reasonably convincing.

One of the reasons why I have a dedicated CM Windows PC is because I found the Radeon cards that Apple was using, or rather the drivers I suppose, didn’t do a good job of fog and mist. I have a 27inch iMac at the moment and it’s discrete GPU does a fairly decent job except strangely with snow, but as it’s my work Mac I’m not too worried. However, at some point I will have to upgrade and Apple’s new silicon is probably going to be my only option when the time comes. Would be nice if it can still play CM even if it’s just for testing my mods.

I did a CMBN QB dense fog. 

Mostly ok, but some action spots (seem to be those related to wood or hedges/bocage), show as if there is no fog. Quite a marked difference and definitely spoils the effect overall. Similar in CMFB (clear tiles seems to relate to field boundaries/roads/fences maybe). 

Also noticed in CMSF 2 that sometimes weapons effects do not play, which is annoying. Had same thing on my (very) old mac book pro. 

On 12/30/2020 at 3:03 PM, AlexUK said:

I did a CMBN QB dense fog. 

Mostly ok, but some action spots (seem to be those related to wood or hedges/bocage), show as if there is no fog. Quite a marked difference and definitely spoils the effect overall. Similar in CMFB (clear tiles seems to relate to field boundaries/roads/fences maybe). 

Also noticed in CMSF 2 that sometimes weapons effects do not play, which is annoying. Had same thing on my (very) old mac book pro. 

Thanks for update.

I’ve seen this on non M1 Macs, I think it’s an issue OpenGL or something in the game engine.