Cats chasing dogs

1 hour ago, altipueri said:

PS - you know you can start your Pumas over at the east end of the map where the re-inforcements arrive ?

Yes, that was my second attempt:

On 9/28/2020 at 10:14 PM, Vacilllator said:

This time on Elite, I realised I could set up at the end of the transverse road.

Did better but no cigar. However our friend @Falaise had more success.

Edited by Vacilllator

1 hour ago, user1000 said:

Don't commit every vehicle..

Get high gound

Stop moving

I can see the logic... but, committing for example only one vehicle reduces spotting and potentially gives several enemies just one target to aim at?  I suppose it depends on your vehicle getting the first shot in a one-to-one situation, then rinse and repeat.

You were of course playing as the dogs (as I am now as well if I ever get back to it 🙃).  Have you had a go as the cats?

As an aside the 37mm canister looks like a fearful thing, would not want to be on the receiving end of that as an infantryman...

Quote from another site:  One hundred twenty-three 3/8" (0.9525 cm) steel balls according to FM 23-81 37-mm Gun, Tank, M6 (Mounted in Tanks), but Hunnicutt says 122 in both Sherman and Stuart.

Ouch!

Edited by Vacilllator

the backup of the last game turn
the location of the pumas at the edge of the map, I only brought them forward at the end and one of the 2 was destroyed, for information the chief's radio having been destroyed I had to keep them unbuttoned to keep the C2

201001114653201236.jpg

their hunting board

201001114652989131.jpg

201001114655790087.jpg

infantry guns between the 2 hills

201001114650426442.jpg

the pumas arrived as reinforcements placed behind the central hill. this is where I have the heaviest losses

20100111465017960.jpg

the Stummels placed behind hidden behind the hedge of the road. I dismantled the officers to facilitate locating of targets

201001114645671265.jpg

201001114644992454.jpg

the result

201001114655133005.jpg

43 minutes ago, Falaise said:

the result

I have to say nice work.  My version (the second time) was almost the same, except for my useless infantry guns.  And I lost.

Just now I've been playing as the Amis, and I'm doing better - I think it's an easier ask.  One issue, my 60mm mortars on jeeps don't seem to want to deploy after I dismount them and press 'deploy', several minutes later they are still showing as 'deploy'?  Oddly I can fire them directly but that's not what I want to do.  Am I doing it wrong?

Okay so dogs chasing cats went a lot better:

Combat Mission Battle For Normandy Screenshot 2020.10.02 - 22.22.09.92.png

I have suddenly become a big fan of the M8 armoured (or armored) car, it's fast and that 37mm is a useful weapon against anything with less than hefty armour (or armor) and the canister shots are lethal against infantry, gun crews etc.

Great scenario if Jari Mikkonen should see this (I hope).

Edited by Vacilllator

26 minutes ago, altipueri said:

Major German victory with 14 minutes still to go.

Good luck but sounds like you finally have it in the bag.  Your persistence is admirable Herr Major Altipueri!  Let's forget the re-starts 😁.

Sounds like you need to clear out your attachments allowance in your profile...  It doesn't take much, 2 or 3 decent sized attachments and you're done.

Edited by Vacilllator

34 minutes ago, altipueri said:

Major German victory with 14 minutes still to go.

No casualties

Ok, a couple of restarts but only because my troops disobeyed orders. They will be punished later. :)

I'd give you a screenshot if I could reduce it to the bizarrely precise limit of 431.17 kB

using the Vacilllator technique?
I admit that I once used tank fire on troops who had messed up an operation
I'm ashamed but there are precedents in the history of France

What's up pussycat?

I'd like to say the dogs didn't even scratch the paintwork on my cats but they probably did which rather lowers their resale value.

Also on the review map screen (which I didn't even know existed until now) - I see what my best Puma did - Oak leaves for that lad.

Anyway, this was of course a fixer because of the restarts, but it would be good to win a war and not have any casualties - a bit like the days of Omdurman and  "We have the Maxim, and they do not."

You can see where all my Pumas are and the infantry guns that achieved nothing. This was WEGO on Veteran but I bet some of you could do it realtime on elite.

2020-10-04.JPG.f5e06a27d012a4049d4d2d7d441e4909.JPG989866643_2020-10-04(2).JPG.8316f89741795b7f1ad2f45d712c83c7.JPG

1 hour ago, altipueri said:

What's up pussycat?

I see what my best Puma did - Oak leaves for that lad.

You can see where all my Pumas are and the infantry guns that achieved nothing. This was WEGO on Veteran but I bet some of you could do it realtime on elite.

🐈 Meow.

Yes looks like he did the damage.

Interesting to see where you ended up - the Pumas on the far left are in a position I have not tried, and your main man (crew) is one of them.  I must remember however that I can't zoom in on someone else's posted screenshot...

WEGO is definitely how I go, currently on Elite but not sure it matters too much.

Edited by Vacilllator