What F12 key do and how can I redefine?

The F12 key is the basic screenshot button in Steam, but every time when I try to use it in CMSF2, the camera show a very different part of the game-space and sometimes it select a very different unit. I checked the key bidings from the menu, but no F-keys listed.

Can I redefine this function for an other key, so I can use F12 only for screenshots?

(This is my first topic in the last 8 years, so pls be kind if I asked something noob)

1 hour ago, bardosy said:

It's just hard to take screenshots...

Agreed, I aked about this in another recent thread as 'PrintScreen' was giving me a shot of the loading screen instead of an in-game shot.ย  In my case the solution was to use the screen capture function of my Nvidia graphics card software (AltF1) instead and it seems to work okay but perhaps not as high definition as I'd like.ย  Probably I need to tweak something...

59 minutes ago, Vacilllator said:

Agreed, I aked about this in another recent thread as 'PrintScreen' was giving me a shot of the loading screen instead of an in-game shot.ย  In my case the solution was to use the screen capture function of my Nvidia graphics card software (AltF1) instead and it seems to work okay but perhaps not as high definition as I'd like.ย  Probably I need to tweak something...

Thank you! That is a brilliant idea! I usually use that feature only for capturing video and I forgot it could take screenshots too.

1 hour ago, Vacilllator said:

Let me know how it works for you and whether you need to tweak any settings quality-wise ๐Ÿ˜‰

It's work like charm! First I didnt know where it save the pictures (I was looking at the Pictures folder, but found out it was in the Videos folder). Thanks for the good advise!