Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

SS designated tanks

I did a search on this but nothing came up. Last night while I was thinking of which scenarios I should make first, a thought entered my head that never accured to me before. Since SS Panzer Grenaider(sp?) squads are different from normal Wermacht and Volkstrum troops (and should be), can tanks be shown in the unit display box (at the bottom of the screen) wether they are SS or not.

Yes my own question doesn't make sense to me. In other words, if a tank is from an SS division will it be shown in its description box?

Thanks for any answers,

Miles

Guest Rommel22

Hey

Wasn't the 2nd panzer division, Panzer Lehr??? That's what I though all along.

I might be wrong though, anyone know???

Guest Big Time Software

Whoops I misspoke. I meant to say that vehicles whose crew are 'fully' visible, like halftracks, trucks, flak vehicles, etc., will be dressed in (for example) SS uniforms if they're part of the SS. Regular tanks and their crews won't look any different.

Sorry for the confusion.

Charles

Rommel22,

Get hold of a copy of Michael Reynolds' STEEL INFERNO - 1st SS Panzer Corps in Normandy.

It's great reading, well balanced and very informative.

Out here...

------------------

When the situation is obscure....attack!

CGen. Heinz Guderian

That very same book is what inspired me to write this post. A must read!

Pvt. Ryan

P.S- Sorry again Charles for all the confusion, what I meant to say was, will 'SS tank units' show the proper name on the bottom. I know this will make no difference on how the actual vehicle performs. Just wondered if it will show for example:

Normal- Tiger VIE late

-or-

S.S.-SS Tiger VIE late

Thanks again,

Pvt. Ryan

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jager 7:

Rommel22,

Get hold of a copy of Michael Reynolds' STEEL INFERNO - 1st SS Panzer Corps in Normandy.

It's great reading, well balanced and very informative.

Out here...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Can you let us know where we can order a copy from? Or maybe post the ISBN?

Thanks.

[EDIT] Nevermind, I found it.

------------------

No smilies were harmed in the making of this post.

[This message has been edited by CEO (edited 06-11-2000).]

Pvt Ryan -- I would guess, based on Last Defence, the answer is no for exactly the reason you identify -- there's no difference between the tanks.

I never could understand why Close Combat would make you pay more for an SS tank with the same morale/experience as a Heer tank.

Guest MantaRay

CEO, you can find, "Steel Inferno" at Barnes and Noble, Book Star, Waldenbooks, etc... in paperback. Not hard to find. I have a copy and only got 23 pages into it, reading just makes me lose interest nowadays anyway.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily