Most incredible shot

Henri

I am sure that there are many incredible things that happen in the game. In an earlier thread I and others described incredible bad luck happenings such as having a bazooka shot bounce off the side of a tank at 20 feet or a Jabo failing to hit a single tank.

Well this is about GOOD luck, at least in my case.And my bad luck DOES seem to have changed to good luck, after I killed two Shermans with two Pumas in two different games, and then the following.

In a pbem game over the weekend, one of my PzIVs exchanged shots with a Sherman, both sides failing to get a hit, and both tanks retreated out of sight of each other. When I got the next move from my opponent, I was fabbergasted to find out that although my Panzer had missed its target, it had killed ANOTHER tank behind the one that he was firing at!

In this case I was not told by the game that I had killed a tank, since I was not aiming at it, and I would not have found out if my opponent had not told me.

Can anyone beat this for good luck? Warning to my pbem opponents: my luck has CHANGED! eek.gif

Henri

Back in the Beta Demo days, I was playing a PBEM game with Bratch (long absent from this board it seems). One of his Shermans became bogged on a hilltop perpindicular to my 75mm Pillbox. I *thought* I had that Sherman dead to rights, until on the next turn the tank rotated its turret and immediately fired its first round through the port of the pillbox some 300m away, knocking it out. The pillbox didn't get to fire a shot, and the Sherman crew saved their asses. That was an incredible shot.

------------------

"Artillery is a terrible thing. God, I hate it."

Pvt. David Webster

101st airborne 1942-45

[This message has been edited by Runyan99 (edited 09-18-2000).]

I recently played a game against my son (okay he is only 6). He had sent a large group of tanks, panthers, Marders and Hetzers rushing to the objectives.

I crested a nearby hill with 2 Hellcats just above his group of tanks. One Hellcat fired and knocked out a hetzer with a side armour hit and exactly the same time another Hetzer was knocked out, but I could not tell where the shot came from. I thought this must be a bug or the FFOW doing funny things. It wasn't until I had re-played the move several times from different angles that I found out what had happened.

At the same time the Hellcat fired at the first Hetzer it also fired its .50 machinegun which burst through the top rear armour of the second Hetzer.

Pucker