COMBAT MISSION at The Wargamer!

Guys,

I've recently been appointed the CM guy for The Wargamer! Needless to say, both the quality and quantity of coverage will improve.

I'm still using the old page, but I'll be finished the MAJOR visual and interface overhaul within a few weeks. Expect updates daily, at least, along with updates to EVERYTHING.

Right now, as you may have guessed, I'm ravenous for anything you guys can give me. I'd love to host your custom scenarios, reviews, articles, FAQs, tips, tricks, spoilers, AARs, whatever. Anyone who feels like contributing ANYTHING should shoot me an combatmission@wargamer.com .

Here's the address, so get on over there and bookmark it. As an added incentive, I invite you to check out our extensive OOBs in the Reviews & Articles section, done by the illustrious John Salt. To give you a little bit of a hint at the range of his OOBs, think about this: He has the OOB for the Goettge Patrol on Guadalcanal. Not sure what the hell I'm talking about? Get over there!!! We have both American and British Co/Bn level OOBs, not to mention a variety of other interesting goodies.

As I said, I will be doing A LOT of updating over the next few days, so forgive the out of date pages. See you there!

------------------

Jeff Fraser

The Wargamer's Combat Mission Central

http://www.wargamer.com/cm

[This message has been edited by JeffRaider (edited 06-22-2000).]

Jeff (and Manx),

Good to see another CM site going up. I'm working on my first single battle scenario as of last night. Hope to be able to have something out on it within a week or so. Will definitely need to do some playtesting, tweaking, etc. w/ it before I upload it anywhere though. I don't believe in just posting "junk" all over the place when it comes to developing scenarios that others will be playing.

Mikester out.

[This message has been edited by Mikester (edited 06-22-2000).]

Mikester - I echo your thoughts on making scenarios. I would rather host (and play) 50 well made, thought out, play-tested scenarios than 5000 pieces of "junk".

Despite of the power of the editor and the relative ease in which it will be possible to create scenarios, i hope that people take the time to really think about what they are trying to create.

I would imagine that it must be very satisfying to do a bit of research on a particular battle/engagement and find out about the units that took part, the location and the OOB and use that knowledge to try to piece it all together into a scenario.

------------------

COMBAT MISSIONS- The Source For CM Ops & Scenarios

WWW.COMBATMISSIONS.CO.UK

I wish you well in your efforts, Jeff. The Wargamer is a top-notch gaming site. I'll drop by and check you out.

Yes, I am familiar with the Goettge Patrol and their tragic fate. I remember well a document I read on the patrol.

The author wrote in his piece of one of the survivors looking back from the water as he escaped and seeing "sabers flashing in the sun" on the beach.

Now that is why I still push for a Pacific version of CM. I know, I know. I'll be quiet (G)

Greetings to my good friend, Mario Kroll.

Wild Bill

------------------

Wild Bill

Lead Tester/Designer

Combat Mission-Beyond Overlord

billw@matrixgames.com

Go Jeff!

I have been following the Wargamer site since it started up and have been mighty pleased with it's service in most cases.

For some peculiar reason though everything that has had to do with CM has been more or less a complete disaster, not least the CM page.

So, you can do a lot of good to change that unfortunate situation.

Good luck!

M smile.gif

Jeff, just checked out your site (now it's bookmarked). One suggestion, put a date on those interviews. I couldn't tell when they were written until I got into the story. Otherwise, good luck. I'll be happy to contribute something. I writ good smile.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott