Help with setting up CMRT

Just downloaded CMRT and ran through all the patches.   Having two problems.   Text font is unreadable in the game menus - Laptop with Geforce GTX 1650 video card.   Saw some notes about turning off AA to get the font readable but my settings already show those settings are Off.  2nd problem - game does not load any vehicle graphics - I can see all the troops and tank commanders are hovering in the air but no vehicles can be seen?   I was a scenario designer for CM1 way back when and would like to get back into this game but currently unplayable?    Any help appreciated?

Problem 1) is very likely FXAA being turned on. Go to your Nvidia control panel and for CMRT (and any other CM game) ensure this setting is set to 'Off'. Also ensure the game is using your GTX1650 and not defaulting to your inbuilt Intel(?) graphics.

Problem 2) sorry I'm not sure. Did you load the patches in the correct order? It's been a while but I thought there was one universal installer for CMRT that had everything up to date. Suggest opening a helpdesk ticket.

And welcome back. :)

Problem 1 - yes FXAA is off.  How do I check if game is using the GTX1650.  Don't see anything in the options setting?  I'm running other more high tech games on this laptop with no issues.

Problem 2 - it was saying I was missing one of the extensions when it first installed so I went through each patch in order but no luck on getting Vehicles to show up?

Thanks for the advice - hopefully I can get this up and running.

17 minutes ago, T-Mo said:

Problem 1 - yes FXAA is off.  How do I check if game is using the GTX1650.  Don't see anything in the options setting?  I'm running other more high tech games on this laptop with no issues.

Problem 2 - it was saying I was missing one of the extensions when it first installed so I went through each patch in order but no luck on getting Vehicles to show up?

Thanks for the advice - hopefully I can get this up and running.

I'd try to uninstall + reinstall from scratch and if that doesn't work open a helpdesk ticket. 

To make sure that the game is running on the GeForce (and not the Intel GPU), create a profile in the Nvidia Control Panel for the game in the 3D Settings ('adding' the game's executable in the list). In this profile make sure that the FXAA is off and I would suggest enabling the 'Triple Buffering' for OpenGL. With a profile, the game should typically be launched on the GeForce, otherwise it will almost certainly use the Intel GPU which will have unresolvable issues with the game text.

Regarding the missing vehicles, definitely do the reinstall as suggested earlier. You appear to be missing some data files (or they're corrupted somehow). A clean installation of the game (delete the current one before reinstalling) should hopefully restore those missing graphics. 

Edited by Schrullenhaft