Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

TCP/IP almost done and then.......?

But we will still be able to order the add-on with all the rare and

exotic vehicles that didn't make it into the first release of CM, right?

A lot of us have really been looking forward to these new vehicles for

a long time. And we're more than happy to pay to get them (along with

some cool new scenarios). smile.gif Where, oh where is our add-on pack?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee:

But we will still be able to order the add-on with all the rare and

exotic vehicles that didn't make it into the first release of CM, right?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have never seen an official announcement that there would be an add-on pack. A lot of people (me included) would like to see one, but I am quite sure BTS never said that they would do one.

Has anybody seen an official announcement?

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 11-23-2000).]

I never saw an official announcement. I tink BTS is more concerned with getting to work on CM2 rather than spending precious time now on CM1 add-ons. Besides, BTS said a LOOONG time ago that they would try to update previous CM versions with the enhancements of future versions in order to keep the game system current so as to not out-date older versions. That alone is worth the time and praise of/for BTS to "maintain" their games.

Just like the Space Shuttle, today's shuttle is far more advanced, via upgrades, than the original Columbia back in 1980. Atlantis is the first shuttle to have the "glass cockpit" see this picture http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/images/shuttle/sts-101/hires/s99_01415.jpg . I use this picture as my Windows Background wallpaper. tongue.gif Ironically the Columbia is the next shuttle to get this cockpit upgrade. Wonder why I know all of this? I follow NASA's progress via NASA TV and their website. Check my profile, I think it includes "space travel" in my interests.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 11-23-2000).]

Busted!!

OK, we have the official announcement of the intention to do an add on. But that was from January and Steve has been real quiet about it since. Can anyone find an official retraction or can we still hold out hope for the M16 Meat Chopper?

Hell, I don't even care if it has new scenarios since I only play QBs and DYOs. I just want the vehicles!

------------------

You mean my Java coded Real Time Bar Fight Simulator Madmatt Mission: Beyond BiteMe ISN'T going to be published?!?

Madmatt

[This message has been edited by Vanir (edited 11-23-2000).]

Well, the vehicles need to be modeled anyhow, so it wouldn't really cut into

CM2 work at all. We are more than willing to pay to get these cool new

vehicles ASAP. smile.gif I know a lot of us have been looking forward to the

rare vehicles for months.

Lee, there is NO planned expansion pack.

That quote from Steve was from the early Beta Demo days. I don't think he even remembers making the post.

There is no need to continue support for CM1 right now if the v1.1 patch finally fixes everything.

If you all continue to nag BTS for more **** for CM1, then CM2 will never be done.

I'm not asking for more improvements to CM. Just some of those rare vehicles

that didn't get into CM for the sole reason that there wasn't enough time

to model them before CM's release date (which was already behind schedule). smile.gif