Another Road to Wiltz

We were talking about this scenario the other day.  I tried it as the Germans and (unfortunately) the designer knows what he is talking about when he says it's not suitable to play as Germans vs US AI even though there is/are US AI plans.  The first 20-25 minutes were fun as one recons the roads and gets blown up by mines and ambushes.  And I liked having some US vehicles to play with as the Germans.  But, I eventually found an unguarded road west and spent the next 50-60 minutes doing nothing but traffic management as everything was sent up that road unopposed.  Was able to reach the "To The Meuse" objective with no casualties, and was backtracking to take Wiltz when I figured that I had broke the scenario.  

There were some ineffective US counterattacks, but I think I had moved so fast it was the US who walked into ambushes rather than the other way round.  I dunno if there are alternative US AI plans and maybe I just got lucky.  But, it's probably best if one does what one is told and only play US vs Axis AI.

If there are more than one US AI plan you may have gotten unlucky.

******** SPOILERS *********

I lost 5 recon vehicles (all the Pumas and 2 US HT's) finding out which roads had mines or had US ambushes.  Discovered that the northernmost W-E road was unguarded.  (The center of the map was a nasty killzone and held down a couple of German platoons.  But, I took all their AFV's and headed back east and then north to go west on the unblocked road.)  A couple of light US AFV's came east, but were easily killed by the Panther and KT that were heading west.  

There was no opposition on this northern road and the Germans occupied the NW block objective with no enemy sighted.  A half-hearted US attack came from the NW woods, but were easily defeated as by then I had many AFV's and inf in that area.  I move pretty cautiously and never move precipitously but was already occupying the Meuse objective, while the rest headed SE towards Wiltz  with 40+ minutes left.  But, at that point it was silly.