Mod Props - Informal Review

Guest kking199

Guest kking199

As I sit here impatienly waiting for PBEM e-mails, I have become an addict, I wanted to give a shout out for some of the mods I have tried out. All the mods I have tried I found at combathq.thegamers.net, MadMatt's home away from home.

MDMP - MadMatt's first mod, with some nice German vehicles, I am mixed on the sounds. I LOVE the .30 MG, the ricochet and the improved M1 Rifle sounds. However, I did not like the explosion sounds, in particular Artillery explosions, as they were too high pitched and scratchy for me, imho. I simply replaced these with the originals.

Fire/Explosion Mod - this is awesome, the first time I really noticed the difference was when MY artillery took out one of My Jeeps... it was a sad but beautiful thing..., this mod is just graphical and it is small.

MDMP2 - another very nice addition of mostly vehicle changes.

Velvet Grass - I think grass mods are much more a matter of taste, I wasn't blown away by this mod at first, but I tell you it has grown on me. It stays.

Ok, an e-mail came in! Back to business.

Check out the mods, back up your "wav" and "bmp" folders before you install anything, so you can quickly recover if you don't like any.

I must say I am very interested in more SOUND mods.

Thanks for all the work to all the mod makers! CM is better for it!

[This message has been edited by kking199 (edited 11-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kking199:

As I sit here impatienly waiting for PBEM e-mails, I have become an addict, I wanted to give a shout out for some of the mods I have tried out. All the mods I have tried I found at combathq.thegamers.net, MaddMatts home away from home.

MDMP - MaddMatts first mod, with some nice German vehicles, I am mixed on the sounds. I LOVE the .30 MG, the ricochet and the improved M1 Rifle sounds. However, I did not like the explosion sounds, in particular Artillery explosions, as they were too high pitched and scratchy for me, imho. I simply replaced these with the originals.

Fire/Explosion Mod - this is awesome, the first time I really noticed the difference was when MY artillery took out one of My Jeeps... it was a sad but beautiful thing..., this mod is just graphical and it is small.

MDMP2 - another very nice addition of mostly vehicle changes.

Velvet Grass - I think grass mods are much more a matter of taste, I wasn't blown away by this mod at first, but I tell you it has grown on me. It stays.

Ok, an e-mail came in! Back to business.

Check out the mods, back up your "wav" and "bmp" folders before you install anything, so you can quickly recover if you don't like any.

I must say I am very interested in more SOUND mods.

Thanks for all the work to all the mod makers! CM is better for it!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

kking199 its MadMatt not Maddmatt!

Well thats all.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC wink.gif

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 11-14-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

Rob/1, that is MadMatt, not Matts. smile.gif

I couldn't help it!

[This message has been edited by kump (edited 11-14-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um kump MadMatts real name is Matt did you not read the CM book!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Rob

BHQS bord

Oh! You fooled me.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Matts name even I can spell that!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You must have meant Matt's, in reference to his real name.

I know what you really meant. I'm just having some stupid fun. I'm waiting for Mad Dog's mod to upload, so got time on my hands. This kind of idleness causes me brain lapse smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by kump:

Oh! You fooled me.

You must have meant Matt's, in reference to his real name.

I know what you really meant. I'm just having some stupid fun. I'm waiting for Mad Dog's mod to upload, so got time on my hands. This kind of idleness causes me brain lapse smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hay no problem I just well had nuthing better to do so I said that.

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Rob

BHQS bord