Can resolution be changed from within the game?

I have looked but have not noticed any options within the game

to change the resolution that CM runs at. It'd be nice to be able

to change res at will without having to alter my desktop resolution

every time I want to play. Is there some resolution option I have

missed in the game?

I'm playing on a PC.

Guest Big Time Software

First, delete the "prefs" file in the CM directory.

Run CM again. It will show options for what resolution you want to run under, saying "click if you can see this". If it shows a resolution or refresh rate you don't like, just wait and let it show you the next one, until you find what you like, then click it.

Charles

I got a higher resolution only by setting my desktop resolution higher (and deleting the pref file of course). Doesn't run too smooth though at resolutions higher than 800x600 on my C466 with 16MB TNT1

Juju, you're a genius smile.gif. That worked. The game still asks you if you want 1024 X 768 but only if your desktop is set at that resolution. So you *have* to have your desktop set to 1024X768 to play at 1024X768.

It's amazing the help you get when you just ask. Thanks agin Juju.

Guest Big Time Software

Griffin,

On the Mac, the prefs file is in the "Preferences" folder which is in the System folder.

Charles

Guest GriffinCheng

Charles,

Thanks for the input but unfortunately, after deleting the prefs file, it is still the resolution of my desktop and I have to switch it manually to 800x600 before starting the game. Any solution?

Griffin sneaking @ work

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by HijackGMH:

I found that I couldn't get CM to display in any other resolution than what my desktop was set for. BTS is there any way to get the game to display at 1024x768, yet leave my desktop at 800x600?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I too would prefer this ability. Certainly can live without it, but sure would be convienient to do this.

What I did was set my desk top at 1280 x1024 (instead of the 1024x768 I usually run) then ran CM, went back to my desk top and reset it back to 1024x768. Now when I run CM it’s at the higher res than my desktop.

Ted, for some reason I am getting a different result. When I reset my desktop to 800x600 (after setting up CM in 1024x768)the next time I launch CM I get the resolution initialization screen asking whether I want 800x600. If I reject 800x600, the only options I am offerred are lower resolutions.

Sorry Hijack. I don’t know why after setting up the CM prefs file the first time that the resolution initialization screen would come up again. I tried the procedure on my machine again and had no problem.

I deleted the prefs file, set desk top to higher res., started CM, chose the higher resolution, quit, went back and reset my desktop. Worked like a champ. I’m not a computer type Guru but I figured I’d respond again to you and put you back at the top of the list and hopefully somebody else can explain this phenomena.

Good Luck!