Semi-circle Arc?

13 hours ago, markshot said:

Thing I really miss from CMBB/CMAK was show all path behavior.  I don't believe you needed any unit selected. 

That last part I don't recall - it has been so long since I played one of the CM1 games but I like that the paths go away when you deselect a unit. That way I can switch between seeing all the move orders and having a clear view just based on clicking the mouse (select a unit, deselect all units) and not have to toggle show all paths on and off. I like to play with show all paths on and leave it there.

13 hours ago, markshot said:

BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY YOU COULD CLICK ON ANY PATH, AND IT WOULD ACTIVATE FOR EDITING WITHOUT HAVING TO FIND THE ROOT UNIT.

Yes, but that will not work well when you allow way point editing. Right now when you have a unit selected you can reposition way points - yay! If clicking on a movement path selected the unit moving way points would be come extremely difficult / impossible in high traffic areas. Picture convoy management with even a handful of vehicles. I you want to tweak the move orders of one or two vehicles good luck clicking on the right move order segment. Miss it by just a tiny bit and suddenly you are editing a different unit's orders.

I personally like the way it works now. I would never want to make editing way points harder or have it removed.

Actually, it worked better than you imagine, I think because a different engine and that there was no action square and a greater use of sprites.

Also, there were three states for path display:  display all, display none, display selected.  And something similar for firing at targets, but then CMx1 and CMx2 are very different.  In CMx1, a unit could only engage a single target (other unit) at a point in time, but I believe in CMx2 it can engage multiple.

One feature I love in CMx2 is that you can test LOS for a unit with a simulated move to anywhere on the battlefield.  Trying to eye ball even gridded  terrain is very hard.

I just remember another thing I miss.  When you had two AFVs one friendly and one not, if you could trace a LOS line for the main gun, it would tell you chance of hitting and chance of doing any damage.  I cannot remember how it handled the tank ID problem.

This is one thing GTMF does very well.  In the past, they had a total gun/shell/armor/distance/incidence table for the player to study for every match up.  It was previously a separate module which you would have use before battle.  You can now get it in the 3D in the heat of battle.  Not so useful for ATGs, but certainly will save the lives of many a conscript tank crew.  :)