Potential bug: Quality setting doesn't seem to affect infantry squads?

So I've been wondering why US infantry squads practically always get a second BAR in this installment, their availability doesn't seem to change with the quality settings. This contrasts with CMFB where this is less common, and CMFI where it just plain isn't a thing and SL's never get Thompsons.

I've also noticed that it doesn't affect German infantry squads (and I do say infantry squads, MG squads seem to get MG34's very often as the setting goes down, etc.) who still get their complement of G43's and MG42's. That's for Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers and such.

Maybe someone can explain? Or share their puzzlement?

Edited by Frenchy56

Just in case - the quality settings only affect the loadout when you initially purchase a formation.  If you have a previously purchased formation and you attempt to change the quality setting then it will have no effect.  Once the quality setting is chosen then the loadout will change within the confines of the quality setting every time the scenario is loaded up.  What you should see, for example, is when loading a scenario with US armored infantry you will get variable numbers of BARs in each squad and it will always be different every time you load the scenario.  You can see this effect in the scenario 'Last Man Out' as an example where the Germans have lower quality formations and the loadout can be pretty dramatic between squads with some of the heavy VG squads getting two MG42 and some getting only one or none.

Indeed, that's what I understood and how I tested it accordingly in the scenario editor. What I was trying to express was that CMBN US infantry squads get a disproportionate amount of extra BARs compared to their CMFB counterparts, and that it doesn't change with quality settings. It could be a historical quirk, but I am not sure. I do know that trucks in Infantry Battalions came with a BAR for self-defense (particularly air defence, at least until they came with mounts for .50 cals).

Edited by Frenchy56

I´d guess germans were far more concerned regarding quality (and quantity) than the allies, that beeing reflected in unit editor. Germans oftenly lacked much of what was almost always available as allied standard weaponry. In example I figured german Paras beeing always bits of over armed, while in RL they as well suffered from lack of standard arms. The paras in CMBN/CMFB thus more represent the 6th Para Regiment maybe, but quite certainly not those divisions destroyed after Cobra and in Falaise pocket and shortly thereafter. Changing editor quality setting unfortunately does not reflect this. Late war paras thus should more be like Luftwaffe infantry in para uniforms and same mix of odd but limited amount weaponry.

Edited by RockinHarry