Gammon bombs, demo charges, etc

dunc

How does the AI decide when and where to use these?

The reason is, the other day I had some British Paras approaching a wooden pillbox with the intention of gammon bombing it. Instead they threw the bomb into a foxhole containing some cowering infantry. The paras were walking towards the pillbox, but the foxhole was closer. Could this be the reason? I've never seen "special" ammo like this used on infantry before, has anyone else?

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dunc:

I've never seen "special" ammo like this used on infantry before, has anyone else?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes. Demo charges get used in squad sh*tfights all the time.

The reason it got used there instead of how you wanted it (at least to me) is:

-Hey Wallace, take your squad over there and take out that pillbox.

- Which pillbox?

- The one Mkiey has reported, you'll see it when you get there.

-Okay.

(150 yards later)

- Blast - there's an infantry squad shooting at us from over there. Better get rid of them, let's see, what have we got... Ah, Gammon bombs, shove that Fritz.

- Uh, Sarge, the Lieutenant said we ought to use these for the pillbox.

- Bugger off, we deal with that when we get there.

I love this game (insert shameless sycophancy here biggrin.gif )

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-27-2000).]

I wish my men were as eager as yours to use their satchels!

For the last 2 turns of my PBEM, two engineer squads (who are low on ammo, but each with 2 satchels) are sitting about 10 metres away from several enemy squads in a building on the other side of the street.

I would of thought one of my geniuses would have used at least one charge by now. The enemy is badly shaken, mayhaps even panicked, and all it would take is a charge or two to rout the bastards out of the house!

Then again, the platoon leader of those engineers has been shot, so maybe they need him close by if they are to use the charges.

Comments?

------------------

"...Every position, every meter of Soviet soil must be defended to the last drop of blood..."

- Segment from Order 227 "Not a step back"

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pvt. Ryan:

Germanboy, what wav file was that? You seem to have a much better version of the game than I do. All I hear is, "Oh God!" and "Sanitator!" smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There actually is sound file saying:

'Shove that pineapple, Fritz'