BMP File Map??

The best way to find bmp files in CMBO is to download and install CMMOS 4.03 which can be found at Combat Mission.

Once you have it installed, go in to GEM Software Productions/CMMOS/CMBO and you will notice a folder dedicated to giving lists of files.

CMMOS swaps blocks of bmp's, and the contents of this folder tells the program what the related blocks are.

Be aware that the file lists are only accurate to the extent that there is a mod that uses them to switch in and out of things. So if there isn't a particular mod using a particular set of folders (or if the mod is so dominant that it is unimaginable that you would use something else), there are likely to be errors in the file lists.

As for the camo uniforms, I actually took a look at that about six months ago. If memory serves Sitzkrieg didn't add winter textures to his uniform set (he was the main editor on that one, I was only assisting with the poster graphics). At some point after the CMMOS cabal disbanded I remember writing up a CMMOS rule for the uniforms you are talking about, but I can't remember if it ever got published, nor can I remember whose mod it was. If it was published it is in the CMMOS CMBO section at CMHQ.

About six or seven months ago I tried using it, and found that there was a problem, which makes me think it was never actually published. The problem is minor, but simply put, not all Germans would have run around in the winter in white camo all the time, so you need to make a non-camo set of winter uniforms to switch back to. The most of the non-camo uniforms that I can think of off the top of my head were actually just summer uniform bmp's not being over-ruled by bmp's with an activated snow-on-the-ground code. I hope this is making sense to you, it only sort of makes sense to me.

I've seen the uniforms that you're referring to. They're very good. But they're also always white. Not a problem if you're sending panzergrenadiers into battle, but you really have to wonder, with Germany's infrastructure starting to come apart at the seams, how it was that that unit of Volksgrenadiers got such a high requisitioning priority that they managed to outfit themselves with a complete set of quilted winter whites.

I can't remember who made them, but it was probably Andrew Fox. I think what you need to do is to find some nice winter camo in either his CMBB or CMAK uniforms, figure out what adjustment to make to convert the uniforms and then renumber them (I think you add a single number in front of the code, but I can't remember which one. It's usually a "1" or a "5"), and then remember to make two sets -- one camouflaged for those over-supplied panzergrenadier types, and one un-camouflaged for the bottom-of-the-food-chain Volksgrenadier types.