Nice CM mention in NYTimes

NYTImes, Thursday, Nov 16, 2000

Section E: Circuits, page E12

"Choose Your Battle: Action, Role-Playing, Puzzles or War" - Peter Olafson

COMBAT MISSION: BEYOND OVERLORD

The war game rethought, with a masterful mingling of turn-based planning and 3-D real-time action. The sense of being among your troops as they battle across France and Germany in 1944 and 1945 is entirely real. (Battlefront.com; $45; not rated, but seems appropriate for those 17 and older.)

Yay!

-Joshik

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joshik:

NYTImes, Thursday, Nov 16, 2000

Section E: Circuits, page E12

"Choose Your Battle: Action, Role-Playing, Puzzles or War" - Peter Olafson

COMBAT MISSION: BEYOND OVERLORD

The war game rethought, with a masterful mingling of turn-based planning and 3-D real-time action. The sense of being among your troops as they battle across France and Germany in 1944 and 1945 is entirely real. (Battlefront.com; $45; not rated, but seems appropriate for those 17 and older.)

Yay!

-Joshik<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

17 and older I am 15 it seem appropriate to me. From a CM fan!

------------------

Game master of Robs CMC ;)

Join or get more info on Rob's CMC today Email me at RobsCMC@hotmail.com

Rob

--------------------------

For more info on Rob's CMC go to Robs CMC HQHome of Robs CMC

Members of my CMC should join my CMC chat bord. Robs CMC Bord

BHQS bord

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

15 here too.

How could they say you have to be 17 to play this game?

Censorship is getting annoying nowadays!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank the good Senator Lieberman for that, and if he gets to be VP, then you ain't seen nothin' yet!

------------------

"Follow me, and I'll show you where the iron crosses grow"

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sgt. Steiner:

Thank the good Senator Lieberman for that, and if he gets to be VP, then you ain't seen nothin' yet!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You mean he's gonna flash us!?!!? Eek!

------------------

Meeks is correct.

-Steve, of Big Time Software, creator of Combat Mission, Vicar of Peng on Earth.

Um, you do realize that Lieberman has never called for censorship, don't you? There's a difference between asking the entertainment industry to tone it down and legally forcing them to do so.

------------------

Grand Poobah of the fresh fire of Heh.

[This message has been edited by Chupacabra (edited 11-17-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

Um, you do realize that Liebermann has never called for censorship, don't you? There's a difference between asking the entertainment industry to tone it down and legally forcing them to do so.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that would be the Honorable Senator from the Great and Sovereign State of Arizona, John McCain (you may have heard of him?), who is attempting, even now, to force censorship on the entertainment industry. This man is serious about it too folks, so be afraid --- be very afraid...

PS: Good to know CM is being noted in the "mainstream" press!

I must say NY Times. Watch out BTS we don't want your heads to swell too much. As far as censorship, I don't care who it is, a Republican or Democrate or Communist they can all kiss my rosey red $%#, those %$#!@. And another thing I think they should eat &$@! and @#$.

(this post has been censored for your reading enjoyment. Service of the United States Government.)

Seriously, it erks me when they talk about toneing down movies or games, if you don't like it don't go see it or don't buy it. They sell crack on street corners every day that doesn't mean I have to smoke it.

------------------

"Free your mind!"

The good senator from Connecticut may have never actually publicly stated he wants to censor entertainment products, i.e. video and computer games, but his intent is clear. For example, he has, along with several other misguided senators, sent letters to several major firms, such as Wal-Mart, demanding they pull all "violent" video/computer games off their shelves. Fortunately, none of the businesses involved did so. That is not just asking the industry to "tone it down", but an outright attempt at coercion.

It should be the parents' responsibility to keep inappropriate products out of their kids' hands, not the politicians. If it is left up to folks like messrs. Lieberman and McCain, the only computer entertainment you'll be seeing is something like "Extreme Backgammon", or "Barbie's Makeover".

OK, that's it, my rant is done, soapbox is put away..

------------------

Uh, you may want to look up the definition of censorship because we all know what happens when people start crying wolf don't we?

Now if the letters threatened a government crack-down unless they were withdrawn *THAT* would be censorship.

Keep in mind that even a citizen or politician-led boycott of certain stores or products is *NOT* censorship. Actually keeping certain materials out of a country while allowing them to be produced *WITHIN* the country isn't censorship either.

Censorship is very dangerous, but calling everything that you think infringes on your definition of 'Free Speech' censorship is almost equally as dangerous.

Cheers,

Walter R. Strapps

Sorry, but I should have included in my last post that it was only my opinion on the subject. It just burns my behind when I see (IMHO) people trying to bring about in this country what is already in place elsewhere in the world. But anyway, this is getting way off topic (sorry Matt!), so I'm outta here..

------------------

Guest Lord General MB

Soldier,

So Jackson... What day did the war in Europe end on?

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army