Tips for Angriff

Digger_au

Hi guys/girls does anyone have some tips/advice for playing Angriff, i'm a bit stuck and bogged down in the opening phase playing as the Germans. I don't want to know how to win just some advice pls, cheers

Edited by Digger_au
extra

It is such a long time since I played this battle. I checked my records and only managed a high casualty Minor Victory as the Germans. Having just fired it up and taken a peek. I would keep your AFVs in the wood with overwatch on the Resupply point and the open ground towards the centre of the map. Hopefully you can take out some enemy before they spot you. Also remember to give your FO a target arc. You don't want any enemy fire on that building. Good Luck.

22 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

It is such a long time since I played this battle. I checked my records and only managed a high casualty Minor Victory as the Germans. Having just fired it up and taken a peek. I would keep your AFVs in the wood with overwatch on the Resupply point and the open ground towards the centre of the map. Hopefully you can take out some enemy before they spot you. Also remember to give your FO a target arc. You don't want any enemy fire on that building. Good Luck.

Thanks, yes my FO and HQ died in that bldg more than once lol the shelling starts from the opening move which imo is a bit unfair seeing as we don't get the same option. I tried hiding my armor in the forest but they seem to get knocked out pretty quickly, i must be doing something wrong, maybe i'll come back to that battle a little later after i have a bit more experience, cheers for the help.

Fired it up and I would agree that "hiding" in the woods is a good start.  IIRC, the method I used was jumping from woods to woods, to close in to the objectives, making sure the rush was covered with smoke or the terrain since Russian fire was deadly.  Do LOTS of reconnaisance before exposing your armour so you can get fire superiority.  Worst thing was the airstrikes that seemd to know the exact location of my troops in the woods while they were hiding. 

Jyri

13 hours ago, JyriErik said:

Fired it up and I would agree that "hiding" in the woods is a good start.  IIRC, the method I used was jumping from woods to woods, to close in to the objectives, making sure the rush was covered with smoke or the terrain since Russian fire was deadly.  Do LOTS of reconnaisance before exposing your armour so you can get fire superiority.  Worst thing was the airstrikes that seemd to know the exact location of my troops in the woods while they were hiding. 

Jyri

Thanks for the tips, i'll keep that in mind. Yes the Russian AI was spot on killed most of my armor in my first attempt, thought i could hide my armor at the edge of the woods and try and pick off the Russian armor but they were so accurate they zoned in with just a couple of shots even though i managed to pick off a few i was almost totally wiped out before my reinforcements arrived. After that i was CTD quite a bit not sure if any of the mods are having an impact, i'll try without mods at some point and see how it behaves. Thanks for the reply.

2 hours ago, Warts 'n' all said:

Mods should NOT have any effect on how the AI behaves.

Good to know, looks like it was the latest nvidia geforce driver released on the 19th for the 10 series. I visited the Nvidia forums seems like a lot of ppl not happy with that release, rolled the driver back and np now.