Some bugs?

I've noticed a few more CMSF2 bugs to address.

The first I hesitate to mention because I would think it would have been noticed before -- making me wonder if it is only a problem on my machine.  The problem is that when I descend to ground level when watching replays, U.S. Army soldiers insist on referring to each other as "Marines."  Lots of "Lets go, Marines!" and that sort of thing.  I had been under the impression that the Army and Marines were intended to have separate sound files in-game.  If so, then Marine sound files have infiltrated the Army's defenses.  (At some cost to immersion).

A second issue concerns the truck mounted units assigned to the Syrian Airborne forces.  (Those trucks mounting machineguns and anti-aircraft guns and so forth).  The truck crews have been issued standard Syrian uniforms, rather than the specific "Airborne" uniform -- except for the crews on the HQ trucks for the "Heavy Machinegun Platoon [truck]" and the "Air Defense Platoon [truck]" which have the correct Airborne uniform. (The other three non-HQ truck crews in each platoon have different and incorrect uniforms).

The difference between the standard Syrian camo uniform (such as worn by regular mechanized infantry) and the uniform of Airborne units is a subtle in vanilla, but if you are using mods to make the Airborne units visually distinct, (as I am) then the difference becomes obvious and the incorrectly assigned uniform files become more of an issue.

10 hours ago, Rokossovski said:

The problem is that when I descend to ground level when watching replays, U.S. Army soldiers insist on referring to each other as "Marines."  Lots of "Lets go, Marines!" and that sort of thing.  I had been under the impression that the Army and Marines were intended to have separate sound files in-game.  If so, then Marine sound files have infiltrated the Army's defenses.  (At some cost to immersion).

That has to be a mod issue.

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

That has to be a mod issue.

I had dismissed that possibility because I wasn't using any voice mods.  So I went to remove all mods, and discovered that, yes, there was a voice mod in there I had forgotten about.  Oops.

I removed the voice mod, and now there is no more issue.  Thanks for the nudge, LukeFF.  Have a +1.

That stated, the (admittedly smaller) difficulties concerning Syrian uniforms I mentioned in my initial post remain.  I also spotted one more: the reserve Self-propelled ATGM platoon crews have standard uniforms, rather than the reserve uniform -- except for the crew of the HQ vehicle, which has the correct reserve uniform.

Edited by Rokossovski