Frozen After Activating

No, you don't need CMSF1 installed, but you should close or exit all startup files that you don't need to run the computer such as mouse, keyboard, etc. CMSF2 wouldn't start for me until I closed RivaTuner. It took a week of me working with Support for me to do it on a hunch.

Edited by Vet 0369

3 minutes ago, Vet 0369 said:

No, you don't need CMSF1 installed, but you should close or exit all startup files that you don't need to run the computer such as mouse, keyboard, etc. CMSF2 wouldn't start for me until I closed RivaTuner. It took a week of me working with Support for me to do it on a hunch.

Are you serious about the startup files? Did you ever find a workaround that issue?

26 minutes ago, recon28501 said:

Are you serious about the startup files? Did you ever find a workaround that issue?

Yup, I just did it to test for conflicts. I' not suggesting that you delete them, just close or exit any that aren't needed to actually run the system. After I closed Everything except Bluetooth, network, Razar mouse control, etc, I double clicked on my CMSF2 shortcut, and it started right up, so I knew one of the startup files I closed was causing the conflict. I rebooted the computer, looked at the startup files, and they were all back. Just on a whim, because I had read on the forum that RivaTuner was a know suspect in black screens, I closed it. I started up CMSF2. Eureka!!! The conflict was with RivaTuner which is used for benchmarking, so I just removed it from my startup folder. All I'm suggesting is that you give it a try. All your startup files will open again when you reboot, so there's really no danger.

Edited by Vet 0369

There are some issues with overlay software and CM2 like Rivatuner but also with ones that come with certain driver packages such as Asus ROG software, MSI, etc. that can prevent CM2 games from working. But as it appears that you got it running so this is not the case for you.

Edited by Captain Reyes