New player!

Hi Guys,

I just purchased Beyond Overlord (my first game from Battlefront.com) and I am absolutely thrilled with this game! This is the kind of game I used to dream about smile.gif I used to be a sofware QA engineer and would have loved to be apart of the build! Very, very cool game and I am glad to be here :cool:

Charlie

Originally posted by Sportsguy64:

Hi Guys,

I just purchased Beyond Overlord (my first game from Battlefront.com) and I am absolutely thrilled with this game! This is the kind of game I used to dream about smile.gif I used to be a sofware QA engineer and would have loved to be apart of the build! Very, very cool game and I am glad to be here :cool:

Charlie

Try the demo versions for the other two games in the series (CMBB/CMAK), you might find them even cooler. ;)

Welcome to the community!

When you get tired of the graphics, swing by CMHQ and take a look around. CMHQ is Madmatt's semi-unofficial support site at combatmission.com. Be sure to read his introductory articles on modding the game. And you will eventually want to take a look at CMMOS 4.03, which can be found on that site.

When you get tired of playing the scenarios that came with your CD, swing by CMMODS at cmmods.com. CMMODS is really a modding site, but it was used as an emergency storage spot for the 3000+ Combat Mission scenarios that were posted at the Scenario Depot when the Depot winked out. I don't remember what the scenario files are called for CMBO, but they're listed under Birdgunner. There are about half a dozen of them at least, and there are over a thousand scenarios.

CMMODS also has the more recent CMBO mods, though many of them are simply renumberings of CMMOS files. The very latest ones tend to be adaptions of mods for CMAK and CMBB, which have continued to evolve.

Hope your wife/girlfriend realizes she won't be seeing much of you anymore...

What closet have you been hiding in to never know that these games were out there and wanted to get your hands on one before now. This is almost the only game that has come along and done it right.

Get excited because soon they will be putting out new stuff which will raise the bar once again.

Wecome and enjoy!!!

Panzer Elite, spent some time with that, fun but I like something that deal with all combatants, not just playing a tank commander part of a battle. This will give you plenty of armour action still. You will like CMBB & CMAK better because you will have more control over tanks and such.

[ December 15, 2005, 07:08 AM: Message edited by: slysniper ]

You will like CMBB 7 CMAK better because you will have more control over tanks and such.
Indeed. I've seen some rather silly things in CMBO in the short time I've been playing--a Tiger turning its turret to the rear to engage a cromwell that's 2000(!) meters away, ignoring the fact that it has armor sound contacts 100m in front of it, hidden by smoke.

Armor covered arcs are your friend.