London drinks tomorrow

Guest Germanboy

Guest Germanboy

D-Day: 23102000

H-Hour: 1900

How to get there:

From Covent Garden Tube:

Go through Covent Garden, leave on south side. Turn right and then left into Southhampton Street. Walk down Southhampton Street, you can see the Coal Hole sign on the opposite street side of The Strand. We are in the cellar bar. I hope we are, the bunch of girly-wuss sissy blouses who I drove to Bovington Camp (whinging about the lack of a seatbelt in the back, Ha!) said they would turn out when last queried. I will bring the iBook, and CM. Other laptopps welcome, thoug not as much as mine.

Be there or be somewhere else.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterNZer:

Ha!

did I whine?!

I thrilled at the excitement of ridding in a car with an ex-cabbie at the wheel! I saw my life flash infront of my eyes at least a dozen times, fun!

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good thing you slept through the real excitement of the drive then. Yes, let it be known I am not only the vanquisher of Berli, the Driver to the Mentally Disturbed Grogs Home Chiswick, but also a former cabbie of two years (night-time). 'Cor Blimey Guv, that Peng thread, I tell you, that'll be £8.90, have a good evening Guv. That's very kind of you.'

------------------

Andreas

mensch: that is Germanboy for you. He tries to bill you for everything. He tried to bill me for beating him in CM. He called it "interactive-Jungian-computer-therapy" he called it.

The other whiners: I won't make it to your AA meeting to night. I'm going bookshoping withg the girl, then we have to discuss whether to stay here in London or not. Have fun.

King Kong

Hi Chaps,

I hope the beer and CM goes down well. I am based in Coventry, and was wondering if you chaps ever have chance to do some quick turns in the evening?

I use AIM to pass files and would love to do battle. Also if you ever have a meeting at a weekend please let me know as I would be up for some hot seating.. (orrr errr missues, if my G/F finds out I am in trouble.)

Any other Brit based players out there?

My e-mail is M_Holien@Hotmail.com

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Holien:

I am based in Coventry.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You poor sod. I lived there for three years until September.

I am afraid I am generally very busy dealing with my multitude of PBEMs when I get home during the evening.

MichaelU - do you want to give it another go? Please send me email privately, I lost your email.

Cheers

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelU:

Just got to check with the missus and she might let me pop in for a few minutes. No promises though. If I get there early I'll try grab us a table upstairs.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Downstairs downsstairs! Too many Peng thread participants attending for upstairs!

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MichaelU:

I guess you're right. Given the people attending, downstairs would probably be better.

I finish at 6pm and work just down the road, so could probably get to the pub about 6:15. Anyone else likely to be there at that time?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I try to be there at 6.30, but can make no promises. Depends on my boss.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chupacabra:

I most likely won't be there until 7-7:15 either. I've got a couple of books to read for tomorrow and I need to do that before I get sloshed.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can read?

------------------

Andreas

probably better than his drinking skills biggrin.gif

Someone buy the boy a baby-cham and let him rip

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Which prob. amounts to spilling half of it over himself and the table... but still getting drunk... go figure. tongue.gif

--------------

Der Kessel Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

probably better than his drinking skills biggrin.gif

Someone buy the boy a baby-cham and let him rip

PeterNZ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*coughcough*quitatthreepints*cough*

------------------

Soy super bien, soy super super bien, soy bien bien super bien bien bien super super.

I was planning to come along this eve and was wondering how I was going to recognise anyone. Being the resourceful type, I looked at the pics from the Imperial War Museum, only now I'm not so sure meeting you guys is a good idea.

If I get up the courage to come along this evening, I'll be the chap sitting in the corner muttering to himself and wearing a cap with the words Dow Jones on it.