Showcase video - German Vehicles & Sturmtiger Terraforming Device

tpr

What this does demonstrate is how FEW vehicles have been used by designers in scenarios.  I bet if one looks at 90% of all scenarios made - they look as if the game only features a dozen or so options for vehicles on each side.  

Wonder why designers only seem to use the same dozen or so vehicles over and over again.  IIRC the editor provides formations.  So, is it hard to locate all these other vehicles in the editor???

46 minutes ago, Erwin said:

IIRC the editor provides formations.  So, is it hard to locate all these other vehicles in the editor???

In games like Combat Mission Afghanistan some vehicles such as different tanks are only accessible when a certain equipment state (poor, excellent etc.) is selected for that formation. However the newer CM2 titles (I have 4.0 on all but don´t know if this is changes the editor) allow you to conveniently choose single specific vehicles in the editor and then add them to a formation of your desire. From what I´ve seen most vehicles and versions are in this list. I think the reasons are else where located, like historical plausibility or the fact that some of this vehicles were extremely rare but I don´t know for sure. Would also love to enounter more of them in the campaigns.

Edited by The Wolves of Steel