Probe - Any Danish CM fans outthere?

Sorry everybody - just need to know. I had tried my best on danish NG's without any luck. It seems to me that folks around here have little or no knowledge to this greate game. If possible we are a few that wanner change that. Therefore we have created Dansk Combat Mission Forum http://hjem.get2net.dk/CutAway/ . Bewarned this is in Danish smile.gif Sorry about the terrible url but the site is bannerless.

I wonder where your all got the knowledge of CM from? We can't all have got our information though a friend can't we? Some bloke told me that the ASL society know there whereabout concerning CM - wonder why?

Thanks for you time

Henrik Malmvig

Guest Mark Jensen

I'm one Dane that have followed CM from birth to now (and is still waiting for my copy).

Mark "DarkAngel" Jensen

Denmark

Hej venner ! (Hello friends).

Yet another dane signs on for duty. Been with this forum since september, preordered in october, and still hanging loose cool.gif waiting for the final nirvana.

Cheers.

p.s.: How about some PBEM when the game arives ???.

------------------

If at first you don't succeed, try, try and try again. Then give up. There's no use being a damned fool about it.

Guest Mark Jensen

Hi Count Sessine, Howard B and Hawker T.

Nice to hear from you guys! I´ve ordered my version 11.11.99 and they withdrawed the money the 19.6.2000.

Now if this package could just show up!

Count me in for some PBEM!!!!!

Mark "DarkAngel" Jensen

Denmark

Guest Mark Jensen

Hi its me again. Just recived a word from BTS that it should be one its way to Denmark. And the problem is our customs (toldere!!!) which should make the delivery 20+ days! But it should be here about July the 11th 2000. So all you brave Danes - cross your fingers!

Mark "DarkAngel" Jensen

Denmark

Well, I'm not technically "Danish", but both of my parents are. I was born here.

My mother is a survivor of "Den Franske Skol"

(pardon my spelling!) where British bombers missed the Shell building and bombed her school killing many children and other civillians. Had it not been for my mother sitting in the wrong place at the wrong time I would never have been here.

On my dads side, his brother was taken by the Germans and sent to a prison camp in Northern Germany where he died.

Oh hell, I've really thrown the thread off kilter here....sorry about that, I just feel that I have a strong connection with my fellow Danes and even though I am not a "real" Dane I feel I have very strong roots there. My Morfar is 95 now!! smile.gif

Guest Mark Jensen

Hi again Count Sessine.

How did you manage that? I mean we all are still waiting for our copy!

Have you been one of theese lucky beta-testers????

Mark "DarkAngel" Jensen

Denmark

Mark: I got a review copy for my review in Politiken this upcoming Thursday (or maybe next thursday, depending on the editorial whims), which should hopefully generate a lot of sales here in DK.

Phoenix: I've read a lot about the bombing of the Shell-house. My grandfather (farfar)always tells the story, as he was nearby when it happened. It must have been a rare example of precision bombing (or rather trying to) in WW2...

BTW, did you guys know that Steve Grammont has danish origins as well ?

/CS

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Count Sessine:

Phoenix: I've read a lot about the bombing of the Shell-house. My grandfather (farfar)always tells the story, as he was nearby when it happened. It must have been a rare example of precision bombing (or rather trying to) in WW2...

BTW, did you guys know that Steve Grammont has danish origins as well ?

/CS<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My dad tells me that they used some kind of special bombs that were supposed to be able to hit the bottom of the building if I recall right. The prisoners were at the top, so they didn't want to bomb them. Of course the screw up happened when one of the Mosquito bombers clipped a power line coming over the beach, then crashed into the park near the school. The other bombers coming saw the smoke and unloaded bombs on the school.

I did not know Steve had Danish roots! That's cool. Mmmm...I could use some herring and a snaps now! smile.gif

Guest Mark Jensen

HUHA - my copy has arrived to day!

(No if I could make something up so I could quit my work for today.....!)

I hope all you other Danes receive your copy today!!!

Best regards and happy gaming

Mark "DarkAngel" Jensen

Denmark