The Cesspool -- Questions

Guest Pillar

Guest Pillar

What the hell is going on in there? Does anybody know?

Seriously, if someone would care to summarize the discussion thus far for me, I wouldn't mind following it. I really don't have the time to read all the background.

Here is what I wrote about the cesspool some time ago. Generlized though it is.

And yes, as the Cesspool is considered the lifesblood by some, it is worth reading. Or at least skimming through. Or ignoring.

Basically It can be summed up as this. It is a thread where people who PBEM go to taunt their foes and belittle them in front of all present. If you are man (or woman) enough to be drug over rusty blades,dunked in alcohol, belittled and be spat upon as you lose and it is made public. The Cesspool is for you. Of course you must possess character, humor, and a total lack of humility and kindness to fit in.

Well worth the experience. That which does not kill me makes me stronger. or some crap like that...

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Guest Pillar

Lorak, aside from the humorous nature of your page, the music is very nice.

Could you name that one for me, and perhaps recommend some more? What language?

Thanks.

Ahh, Seems you have some taste after all.

The lassie is from the band Altan.

http://www.altan.ie

They sing traditional Irish music. She is singing in Irish by the way.

The song (just a short sample repeated) is "Ta Me Mo Shui" (I am awake) off the Blackwater album.

There are also some MP3 samples on their web site.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

[This message has been edited by Lorak (edited 10-02-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Renaud:

Read all 2500+ posts and you still won't know what's going. To whit, there is nothing going on.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The Cesspool is where CM is played... as a blood sport. The way it's supposed to be.

We have (largely) left the redesign of this magnificent game to others and are immersed in its grandeur. For this we are condemned to slither the sewers of the BBS, locked in mortal PBEMs augmented with sneers and humiliation.

Xtreme CM, Cesspool-style... bullets are not enough!

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

. Of course you must possess character, humor, and a total lack of humility and kindness to fit in.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And taste, you should not have any - it is a hindrance. Apart from listening to Altan of course, who are the best thing happening to Irish music in a long time. If we leave Christy Moore out of the picture that is. If you ever manage to go to the place where Altan is from (I have actually stood on the shores of Loch Altan, a very small lake wedged in between two mountains in Co. Donegal), this beautiful music will just... Oh well I am starting to get all gooey-eyed and about to buy a ticket to Donegal. Best go back to the Cesspool.

------------------

Andreas

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lorak:

//Snip//Of course you must possess character, humor, and a total lack of humility and kindness to fit in.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Perhaps thats why I don't fit in.

"I'm a thousand times more humble than thou art" - Wierd Al Yankovic - Amish Paradise

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Oh well I am starting to get all gooey-eyed and about to buy a ticket to Donegal. Best go back to the Cesspool.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As a famous Irish prelate once said, "Drink!Feck! Arse!"

At least he didn't lapse into some non-linear disquisition on the political significance of the seasonal variations in pH at Lake Altan as recorded by the illustrators of the Book of Kells. Anyway, give me Horslips anyday.

Now, how about a nice cup o'tea then. Aw, go on. Go on! Go On! GO ON!

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hakko Ichiu:

As a famous Irish prelate once said, "Drink!Feck! Arse!"

Now, how about a nice cup o'tea then. Aw, go on. Go on! Go On! GO ON! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah I see, Ethan is of the righteous creed after all v- although I always pictured you as a kind of Father Dougal, I must say. Although that is a bit unfair to him, really...

Had lots of tea, so that's alright, then.

------------------

Andreas

Nothing but senseless drivel if you ask me. Germanboy drones on and on and on about some dreary stuff, hamsters are everywhere, JoeShaw chimes in about what a wonderful world it would be if there were more gerbils in it, then everyone starts bickering and arguing about who killed whom and whether or not that little blouse mouse Hiram should be given a seat at the table or if Senility should just put the boot in the groin and before he does if he should spout off about 500 words on the niceties of putting the boot in and the metaphorical significance of the type of leather on the boot and how it has been polished to a high black sheen that glistens in the flickering light of the 'pool as it swings back back back in the fateful arc that will bring it inevitably whooshing forward and into Hiram's softer parts....

sorry. nope nothing really going on there at all

Peng

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>...or if Senility should just put the boot in the groin and before he does if he should spout off about 500 words on the niceties of putting the boot in ...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Only 500? Is he not feeling well then?

Joe

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Germanboy:

Ah I see, Ethan is of the righteous creed after all v- although I always pictured you as a kind of Father Dougal, I must say. Although that is a bit unfair to him, really...

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's an ecumenical matter! Let me just call Father Larry Duff on his cell phone, he'll know the answer for sure. Not like that Father MacDuff over on Rugged Island. What an eejit!

------------------

Ethan

-----------

Das also war des Pudels Kern! -- Goethe

Awright, all of ya's -- an' you know who youse are -- back to the 'pool.

You know better than to be mucking about in polite society.

Now, GIT, ya gits.

------------------

"Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?" — Oddball

"Crap." — Moriarty

[This message has been edited by Moriarty (edited 10-03-2000).]