Who wants to see a D-day beach scenario...? If you're interested...READ.

Some people have wanted a D-day beach combat scenario. The message here is, it's coming! As of Monday, I will start making a historical model of the Omaha beach's Fox Red Sector (where my Grampy landed) Based on maps and first-hand accounts, this will represent a stretch of beach in full historical accuracy. Around mid-next week, the scenario will appear on Colin's combat mission webpage for Mac. If you want it...go download it. I'll let everyone know when it's up.

I thought about beach tile texture a lot. What I am going to use is the wheat field texture. Now, this will provide enough collateral cover to make up for the absence of some beach obstaces: (ie: hedgehogs and belgian gates) Also, I think the wheat field texture represents sand rather well. The similarity is very close. Your troops won't be too naked in the open. Once your troops reach the seawall, that'll provide cover and defilade from machine gun and artillery firing positions atop the bluffs. Then, it's up to you to get your troops in that exit.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Manieri (edited 06-25-2000).]

sounds good im looking foward to your map .will it be a pc version too or just mac .i agreee with the wheat tiles will be great for sand .i think it can work out this type of assult it will just need to be tested and tweaked to get the play balance correct .you may have to add more troopers to account for losses or more cover .but all up i think its a great idea and may people want a beach assult.i know the PEDG panzer elite dev group are makeing a beach assult .they have models of landing craft etc.its not released yet but i was talking to a fellow who is involved and he said people are going to flip when they see and play it .ill look foward to seeing and playing your map sounds great to me .

Guest aka PanzerLeader

Manieri, how big will the map be? What kind of force will be represented? Battalion, company?

Well, Panzerleader

Seeing that there is no point limitation in the editor, you will command a rather large force of troops. Not company or battalion. Maybe Division sized. One has to remember the casualties that will be taken while trying to reach the seawall. It's gonna be rough.

Guest aka PanzerLeader

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Well, Panzerleader

Seeing that there is no point limitation in the editor, you will command a rather large force of troops. Not company or battalion. Maybe Division sized. One has to remember the casualties that will be taken while trying to reach the seawall. It's gonna be rough. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice, nice, I'll like it!!...from the german side hehehe wink.gif

2 problems from a guy who has designed a Omaha scenario (and realized I needed to make sand tiles first). The wheat tiles dont look right. You must make the entire beach flat in order to keep the wheat from breaking in sections. But the beach wasnt flat, it was sloped. Also another problem is the force size. A division is a few thousand men. Trust me when I say that it is going to be a slowwwwwwww battle. This might help you design your scenario atlwall.gif

i've had a scenario for another section of Omaha done for a week now and i can't get anyone to f***in try the damn thing. I don't know why but oh well. Here is a link to it, if noone gives me any feedback i'll just take it down in a few days. Anyway, i used wheat with a sloped beach and never had a tile break-up prob.

http://home.earthlink.net/~dpotter01/Omaha.cmb