The Awful TRUTH about Smilies: What the Thought Police Don't Want You to Know.

Dare you lecture me on the evolution of language?! Call me an old fuddy duddy, hell call me Margret and Slather my Ass with Butter, but DO NOT TELL ME THAT PUNCTUATION DRESSED UP IN HTML IS ENGLISH! I'd rather rip my own head off than to succumb to such an idea. Hieroglyphics, maybe, but not English. And yes, you may be correct that the point is, in fact, MOOT that corruptions of the language are part of what make it grow and thrive, but I SIMPLY CANNOT ACCEPT SMILIES AS A PART OF DISCOURSE! OK? ITS A PERSONAL PROBLEM! Like the spastic colon from eating too many of the little rat bastards. My OWN DAMN PROBLEM!

tongue.gif

HEY! Get the little scum. kill him! stomp his horrid little guts out! quick! QUICK! OH GOD THEY'RE EVERYWHERE!

Peng

------------------

Peng sez "die a lot now."

I can't catch the filthy thing, but i killed and ate it's brother.

[This message has been edited by MrPeng (edited 04-28-2000).]

Dont know knock smilys until youve tried it. For the uninitiated, grab yourself a plane ticket to Olongapo City, Phillipines (or in my case a slow boat), and make your way to Mk Sai Sai street. In any of the respectable establishments there youll find the finest in southeast Asian beer, and the best looking girls from the local populace. You and all your friends (you did remember plane tickets for your pals didnt ya?) gather round the largest table in the pub, and the pretty girls in the corner all go under the table. First person to smile buys the rounds. smile.gif

Boy did I buy alot of rounds. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

------------------

As I walk through the Valley of Death, I will fear no one, for I am the meanest mother*#*#** in the valley. (George S. Patton)