Comment on sound

I just wanted to say something that has probably been said before, but the ambient sound in the game is amazing. It just now hit me after a couple months of playing the game how great the ambient sound is. I was playing a February QB with clear skys and day time. Well the sound really made me feel like it was winter with the blowing winds and the bare trees. Sort of a nice feeling in this 95 degree weather.

I'll tell you one thing. 17 pounder ATG crews sure sound happy when they brew up enemy Panthers wink.gif. I was treated yesterday to one of my ATG crews saying " We got the Gerry Bastard!" when their AP round brewed up a Panther G (late)

It's all in there... Just go down to view 1 and follow your tank crews and ATG crews around. They have some pretty funky sayings wink.gif

Yep, they can say what they want about the graphics (except the vehicle models which are near perfection), but the sound is as good as any big budget title out there. I especially love the sound of small arms fire during fierce infantry fighting. The mixture of rifle, machine guns, and the distinctive report of a high caliber sniper rifle can make the hair stand up on the back your neck.

I would like to see 3d sound support added to future versions.

AGH MY LEG! eek.gif

3d sound support is in THIS version. It works with both my A3D card and my SB Live!

What I really want is a sound byte that kicks in whenever guys are crossing a river in an assault boat. Can you guess what it is?

Hail Mary, full of grace...Hail Mary, full of grace...

In cadence of course smile.gif

------------------

Jeff Abbott

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntg84:

I've never heard any of the crews or men talk before. I know they say alot, just never heard it. Do they say more on camera level one?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you think you heard a unit say something, click on it, press 1 to go to level 1, and tab to lock onto it.

Then press the back button in the movie to replay that segment.

Chances are you'll hear what you thought you heard.

smile.gif

I agree wholeheartedly, guys! My personal favorites are the rain tracks and the cheers when a crew knocks out a vehicle. When the rain is pouring down and the claps of thunder mix with the rumble of distant explosions... it blows me away.

Also, I recently had a rather well-placed Marder III knock out several shermans and everytime he did he yelled, "Ja!" I could just see the crew giving each other the high fives... until that damned Firefly popped over the hill and smoked 'em.

Loving this game, it is FANTASTIC!!!

Cheers!

Chuckd