I want your FEEDBACK! Home Sick and Bored CMHQ request!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

Well I got some sorta bug or something that messing up my inards so I took day off work and will be getting the daily update all set for CMHQ, but I wanted to take some time and ask YOU the viewers what you like/dislike about CMHQ and anything else you would want to see.

Just to set some limits down the new look is pretty permanent as far as layout goes. The borders are staying and I have no control over the ad's etc... What I can do is change the internal Section layout, section content, the way links work, stuff like that..

So let me have it and I will see what I can do to accomodate you...Although I will probably not lift a freaking finger... biggrin.gif

Madmatt out cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

I like that you come up with neat stuff a lot smile.gif

HAR HAR HAR

seriously though, so far I think there's been a nice balance of visual treats and articles.

I would like to see a breakdown on effective assault and defense in woods (preferably a mix of screenshots and text).

Other topics that could make good articles, a general keeping your infantry alive type, concealed movement (how effective are sneak and crawl/in what types of terrain are they appropriate)

This would be one big spoiler but a complete breakdown of one of the beta maps showing traps and strategies (I know it's all relative to each particular game but each map has definite features which lend themselves to various tactics).

The mortar article by Fionn was very nice, to do more articles along the same lines would be great.

Guest Madmatt

Yes, I am working on making the Quick Link table more intuiative as that seems to be a common problem. I THOUGHT that the little directions above it were clear enough but I guess I was wrong...KISS (keep it simple stupid)type stuff bugs me to no end as I feel I am insulting the intelligence of those who see my work, but then when you have a genius IQ like me (and modesty no less! biggrin.gif) perhaps I assuming to much... wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Colin:

I think you should make the quick links at the top of the main page take you to directly to the article in question and maybe have a newspaper icon beside it and have that take you to the news for the day when the article was released.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, that sounds like the best idea I heard yet concerning that item. Because it is confusing to click on the quicklink text and then site go to the news section, just to read about it again, kind of redundant isn't it?

The text should go to the item itself, and have an newspaper icon, like Colin suggested, to go to the news item.

Ha, after re-reading this post, I'm redundant on Colin's quote! biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 02-07-2000).]

I like the new navigation around the AAR's.

by the way what was the name of the bookstore

you went to. I am only a couple hours away from cinci and I have not been able to find that much here in Indy at the half price bookstores here.

------------------

Teutonic

Guest Madmatt

Half Price Bookstore...There is one in Kenwood (across the street from Kenwood Towne Center) and one in Tri-County near the Tri-County Mall...

CoolColJ, yeah it's narrow so people with 800x600 can see everything without scrolling off to the side. Its the screen size default set by TGN... frown.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 02-08-2000).]

I really appreciate the articles by Los and Fionn concerning real life tactics. That fella Wittman that posted on this forum about Mortars was excellent! If you could get him to write some articles for CMHQ, I'm sure that it would be a hit.

My other favorite past time is reading the AAR's from people that role play their reports. The new Reiserg AAR is excellent, BTW. Keep the turns and movies churning! I do appreciate seeing the screen shots in the middle of the AAR's, the more the better in my opinion. (I know that you can just watch the movie but sometimes I really like to read then click the still picture to enhance the drama.)

One last thing. If you were to post AAR's from people doing Gold Demo testing on different scenarios, I would be in heaven. Although, it might be against the non-disclosure agreement to do so? If posting that kind of stuff goes against the non-disclosure agreement, I'll understand.

In a few words....Tactics on Manuever(sp.), tactics on setting effective ambushes (I enjoyed Fionn's AT article), tactics on using combined arms in an assault, articles on how to use different types of squads effectively (ala Wittman), and AAR's with plenty of still pics and drama.

Keep Los (and Fionn when he gets the time) churning out the articles and see if you can get Wittman to sign on as an author. Excellent site revision with the 800x600, Matt. Looks fabulous. cool.gif

Man, I spend way too much time at the sight. rolleyes.gif

------------------

BJ Simpson

Visit www.arrl.org for information about Ham Radio.

IN HOC SIGNO VINCES

[This message has been edited by kb9sog (edited 02-08-2000).]

Aye, I just posted as Wittman to get some honest feedback to see if it was worth me putting the time into writing more of those articles for gamers.

As for doing Gold AARs.. I'd love to but it won't be possible until the gold demo is released unfortunately. (NDAs and all that)