Reinforcements

Love the Idea!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Knaust:

Hey..I would like to have the arrival of reinforcements less predictable....maybe a random time of arrival!

Whats about that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This should be a Shift ON/OFF option in the HOTKEYS or:

A setting in the mission editor or the basic game setup (where you select FOW ON/OFF)

Also I would like a way to select FULL FOG OF WAR, minimal info on enemy units. My father and I are using the honor system: we don't select the enemy unit to get the info available. We are working on changing the flags to show The ? all the time.

Also; Detailed Armor Hits Turned OFF

Full Weather ON

Full Trees ON

I have been a sandtable 1/72 Scale WWII Wargamer for 23+ years. My dad even longer…

Our Sandtable Is quiet…

We Love This Game…

And this is just the demo……………

------------------

Always Check Your Six!

[This message has been edited by Heavy Bomber (edited 01-09-2000).]

BTS

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I think I had both side's reinforcements set to be random with a high chance of coming in on the specified turn. What I mean is that you can specify the SOONEST turn the guys can come in, then a percenatage chance. The system will keep trying to get the guys on the map each turn after they don't show up until they do or the game ends.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/000643.html

Have you searched this topic? If you had you'd have seen that this is already in. During scenario creation the creator (or, the Creator) can specify a range of possible turns for reinforcements to appear, and can give each turn a different % chance of appearing.

DjB

Guest Big Time Software

This is correct. Variable reinforcements have been in for about a year or so wink.gif The only scenario that has set in stone reinforcements is Last Defense. It was a call I made at the time (Turn x, 100% chance) which I would probably alter just a tad. My reasoning is that the Hellcat and platoon's arrival, if much later than that turn, would doom the US defenses. Earlier and the Germans would probably lose all else being equal. So during play testing I found, to the best I could, the critical turn and set it for 100%. If I had to do it over again, now that a couple hundred people have discussed it smile.gif, I would make it a couple turns earlier with something like an 80% chance of arrival.

Steve

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... I stand corrected. I now remember at the last minute deciding to change the percentage from 100% to 90% just so there would be some variation. However, 90% basically means Turn 11 at the latest. However with all the thousands of times people are playing LD I am sure SOMEONE has had them come in on Turn 12 smile.gif

Steve