Mods?

I was curious. I am playing the demo at present and soon to receive the full game. What are these "mods?"

Are they necessary? . What if my machine is lower end and can't take much more? . Do I have to have the same mods as my pbem opponent?

I guess I need a basic rundown on this stuff.

Thanks for any answers.

Hi PK, I'll bet you get the full game soon smile.gif

To answer you, the mods are retexturings of the vehicles and terrain that some of us have done, If CM runs on your box, the mods won't hurt it, follow the link in Madmatt's post and you'll see for yourself, Happy tanking! cool.gif

------------------

Pzvg

"Confucious say, it is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt"

How low end is your system? Hi Resolution mods may slow your computer down some, particularly the grass, brush and rough mods so be carefull what you install. If you don't like what you've installed you can always delete your BMP file and recopy the one from the game CD and start from scratch.

------------------

Blessed be the Lord my strength who teaches my hands to war and my fingers to fight.

The mods are purely optional cosmetic changes to the game... making terrain, infantry, and vehicles appear different. You don't need any of them, but many are pretty cool.

The hi-res terrain mods might cause some slow down if you've got an older system. Everything else should work fine.

------------------

“Fortune favors the brave" - Terence

Guest barrold713

I will second the recommendation of MadMatt's Mod Guide. It was updated a couple of weeks ago so it does not comment on the absolute latest mods, but it gives a great set up on how these files can add to the CM experience.

The winter uniform and vehicle mods are particulary useful since the CD does not come with these variations and they definitely enhance the realism.

I think most of the mods can be used with little effect except for the hi-res grass textures, but as I have a pretty decent system I am not affected and I am only parroting the opinions I have read from others.

BTW...get the game ASAP and become assimilated...you will love it!!!

------------------

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb discussing what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote"

- Ben Franklin