Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

BTS in Somerville, Mass? Need some help?

Listen, I'll be in Massachusetts this weekend with relatives. They live in Medford, not far from Somerville, if you guys would like me to stop in and help out with whatever, I'd be absolutely MORE that happy to help you guys out. Let me know.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Manieri (edited 06-07-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

Thanks, but we don't do anything that needs help. All packages are sent out by our fulfillment company in Vermont. Our sales aren't huge by retail standards, but they are far larger than even a half dozen people could handle.

Steve

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Manieri:

Steve, would you mind telling me what a "fullfillment company" does?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They are the guys who get their dirty, grimy fingers on CM before you do - nice try though.

Please note that all smilies on this iMac have been gutted and hung out to dry.

------------------

Andreas

The powers of accurate perception are often called cynicism by those who do not possess them. (forgot who said it)

Vermont!!!!!!Let me know where I will have my mother-in-law go pick up everybodies copies and send them out overnight delivery (by everybody I mean me and Peng).

------------------

"To conquer death you only have to die" JC

Guest Big Time Software

A fulfillment company can offer many services (none of them sexual in nature smile.gif), but it generally boils down to getting customer packages from A to B. In our case the company we work with warehouses our products, interfaces with our ordering software, acts as a broker for production (CDs, manuals), and of course ships our products from their place to the customer. There are all sorts of benefits to us that come along with these services, and the prices are very reasonable.

The fact is it would cost us far more to hire someone to ship our products on a daily basis. It would also take the poor sap a couple of weeks to do something like ship out the CM preorders. So higher prices and a lower level of service is a pretty stupid way to run a business, so we instead use a fulfillment company smile.gif

Steve

P.S. Elvis... I wouldn't try! They have standing orders to drop a 1 ton pallet of snowboards on the head of any CM fan (or their assigned agents) trying to cut in line smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 06-08-2000).]

Guest Rollstoy

MMMMmmmm. Snowboards and Combat Mission CDs ... what a joyful combination!

Mens sana in corpore sano!

So it seems as though if Steve could be "persuaded" smile.gif to divulge the name and address of the "fulfillment" company, then we could make plans to liberate CM. Or perhaps just bribe their warehouse personnel. A little wine, a little leg - who knows what could happen?

Bob Mercer

------------------

"Next slide, next slide, you swine! Do you want to brief forever?" Apologies to Frederick the Great

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mad_Merse:

So it seems as though if Steve could be "persuaded" smile.gif to divulge the name and address of the "fulfillment" company, then we could make plans to liberate CM. Or perhaps just bribe their warehouse personnel. A little wine, a little leg - who knows what could happen?

Bob Mercer

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

uh, how many "fulfillment companies" could there be in Vermont?

------------------

We are both men of action. Lies do not become us. — Westley

Yeah, there are 13 people in Vermont, right? Count Ben & Jerry out as they're too busy making Cherry Garcia. That leaves 11. Count out the members of Phish, they're on tour. That leaves what, 4 or 5 people. 2 have got to be working at Killington - that leaves 2 or 3.

There, I've narrowed the search down to 2 or 3 people. Let's warm up the van - it's almost the weekend.

------------------

CrapGame out