Where do we post bug reports?

Was wondering if we could have another forum to post bug reports. I have one from the Gold Demo that wasn't listed in the patch. Any recommendations out there on what the best way to do this is?

LeBlaque

"6 meters....5 meters.... can't be, that's in the ROOM!"

bhahahahhaa! I'm not telling! Nah, a Regular German squad wasted a Faust on a nearby US squad when a Sherm was within 68m right next door! And it wasn't a "miss," it was a deliberate shot on the infantry. Kinda reminded me of the same kind of A/I "bug" in Close Combat 2 (oooh, bad word) where fausts were wasted on soldiers when armor was nearby (or even not-- you kinda wanna SAVE those). Hopefully they'll take a look and tweak to save the A/T weapons.

Doubt it's a bug. There are a lot of factors that go into the decisions about how targeting goes. Could be your squad was more worried about the infantry than the armor, or that they were green and therefore didn't think very clearly about where to target, or FOW could have confused them, or....

In other words, there's a tendency to think "bug" when your troops do something you think is stupid. But that's not usually the case.

68m is a big shot with a faust, particularly if they are only Panzerfaust - 30's. Range is quite limited so you want to get as close as possible.

------------------

I'm always in the ****, it's only the depth that varies.

Targeting and the AI "re-targeting" was discussed at length when the first 3 demo scenarios came out.

I think BTS tweaked the AI to keep it from changing targets as quickly, but it will still occur.

Essentially, your command to fire upon a unit is not the word of god. But yeah, "shoot the damn tank boys!! The tank!!"

At least it seems I'm not alone with that problem. I never managed to fire a Panzerfaust with a normal infantry squat at a tank when there were some infantry targets available. Attacking a tank which is supported by infantry seems not to be a clever tactic in general, i think.

------------------

Es gibt Tage da verliert man und Tage da gewinnen die anderen.

Thanks for where to post bug reports-- I think we should have a Special Forum for that though given Tech Support seems more designed for HW-related. Any support on this? Shugger: Glad you seem to have the same experience. I would submit that if the infantry chooses NOT to attack the tank, than at minimum they should hang on to the A/T weapons rather than waste them on the foot soldier. Thus, I think the A/I should be slightly tweaked to reflect this. I'd be well BELOW conscript, and believe me, I wouldn't be tossing away any A/T weapon biggrin.gif