Sick of hearing when is CM2????

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Shatter50:

Sorry for asking a simple question. I asked if anyone knew anything becuase I am new to CM world.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax, Shatter50, I don't think the Captain was referring specifically to you! smile.gif

There's been a lot of posting on this, some tongue in cheek, some apparently serious, and some apparently just to be bloody annoying. Given that we are probably at least a year away on CM2, I'm sure much of this will die down shortly.

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Well, it's obvious to me that he was specifically referring to you Shatter50. So the only way to save your honor is a pbem challenge with the loser having to post a 50 or so word essay on a valid topic such as hamsters or how to use 25 smilies in 1 post. smile.gifwink.gif

Guest Shatter50

I thought so to, I have only 2 days of CM under my belt maybe in a couple more days me and Capt Miller will put our dispute to a rest. How about it Private Miller (HaHa) or do newcomers like me scare you. tongue.gif

[This message has been edited by Shatter50 (edited 08-20-2000).]

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Well, it's obvious to me that he was specifically referring to you Shatter50. So the only way to save your honor is a pbem challenge with the loser having to post a 50 or so word essay on a valid topic such as hamsters or how to use 25 smilies in 1 post. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fifty words! On hamsters OR smilies OR a "valid topic" whose validity is determined by the writer? Jeez, I which my college application essays were like this. This college apps process is a pain in the you-know-what-where-the-smilies-and-hamsters-don't-play.

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

I personally don't mind someone mentioning CM2 or enquiring about it's release date, as any opportunity to discuss the Eastern Front is a good opportunity IMHO!

So keep 'em coming! wink.gif

btw, we all know that WW2 was won on the Eastern Front, don't we!? The other Theatres were mere sideshows!

Mace (spreading the bait and ducking for cover)

Guest Mirage2k

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>btw, we all know that WW2 was won on the Eastern Front, don't we!? The other Theatres were mere sideshows!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me!!! Aren't we forgetting a little thing called "The Moon." Please, we all know that Hitler's secret moon troops and the Free French hamster moon brigades really roughed it up.

In all seriousness, IMHO the eastern front was certainly where Hitler fought and lost the bulk of the war. Not to belittle the effort at Normandy, but the Soviets really turned the tide of the war for the Allies. I'm not sure about this, but it's my gut feeling that the East is where Hitler threw the bulk of his forces anyway.

-Andrew

------------------

Throw me a frickin' smiley, people!

Your one-stop-shop for gaming news is www.SiegersPost.com ! Hit it!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mace:

btw, we all know that WW2 was won on the Eastern Front, don't we!? The other Theatres were mere sideshows!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Howdy, I'm new here and just wanted to post a reply. smile.gif I agree that WWII was won in the Eastern Theatre, but the other Theatres were a little more than sideshows. The invasion of Normandy gave Stalin the second front he so badly needed (he needed it a few years earlier!), as this tied up many of the Germans forces.

I watched a documentry on the History Channel the other day explaining that Hitler buried himself when he declared war on the United States.

None the less, the Eastern Front was the bloodiest and the worst of the fronts.

With Regards,

Monty Chavez

------------------

Private of the 2nd Infantry Divison, 9th Regiment.

www.primenet.com/~chgww2/2nd_inf/

Guest Shatter50

Capt Miller read this column and let me know about a challenge anytime. Yes I am a newbie but I might suprise you. Write in any topic under my name and it will E-mail me.

I HAVE DECLARED WAR!!! cool.gif

I am sick of it, because i went through all this with CM01, with me doing some of the asking. We need to write in big letters in teh user agreement 'DO NOT ASK WHEN WE ARE RELEASING A CM GAME BECAUSE IT TAKES FREAKIN AGES.