I have been hearing this talk of Combat Mission 2. So how long has CM been out and when will they make a CM2? The reason I am asking this question is that I haven't yet bought CM. So I was wondering whether or not to wait for the much improved sequel or buy the original right now.

Guest Silesian-jaeger

CM has been out for just a few months. You should buy it. They haven't even started on CM2 yet. Chances are, it wont be out before the end of 2001.

------------------

"In one (German) town, Private Honey stood next to an

elderly German man and a ten-year-old boy. As the Shermans and brand-new

Pershings rumbled by the boy said,'Deutsches Panzer lind besser.' Honey

looked down at him and asked,'If

German tanks are better,

why aren't they here?' "

quote from Stephen E. Ambrose, "Citizen Soldiers"

Old one? CMBO was just released a couple months ago. One sure way to know if you want it is to download the demo and try it for yourself. You will not be sorry biggrin.gif

-john

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 10-01-2000).]

Guest Big Time Software

CM2 will be out in about a year from now. CM1 will most likely not come down in price until then (if at all). Anybody that would pass up on a great game for a year for the hope of getting a $10 or so discount is being a bit silly IMHO smile.gif I mean, $10 over the space of 365 days is under 3 cents a day. I lose more pocket change here and there during that smile.gif

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 10-01-2000).]

That's like saying "there'll be better computers out next year, so I won't waste my money on one just now". You could spend your life waiting for better things. =)

David

------------------

...the pilot was able to circle and make a safe belly landing. According to O'Neal, 'this guy jumped out and ran up to me, shouting, "Give me a gun, quick! I know right where that Kraut s.o.b. is and I'm gonna get him".'

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I have only played through about 6 of the shipped scenarios, and Wild Bill Wilder releases new ones faster than I can play them!

I live in fear of not being tired of CMBO when CM2 comes out.

My brain will explode as I try to decide which game to boot up... beyond overlord, or barabarossa.. AAAIIIIIGGGHHHHHH

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MarshalZhukov:

I have been hearing this talk of Combat Mission 2. So how long has CM been out and when will they make a CM2? The reason I am asking this question is that I haven't yet bought CM. So I was wondering whether or not to wait for the much improved sequel or buy the original right now.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wait for CM2 ? But when it'll ship, work will start on CM3, and then again on CM4...

So buy it at once, or wait 5 years before finding a CM Bundle in a bargain bin for 10$, if someone will ever be stupid enough to sell their copies ! biggrin.gif

Honestly, try it (load the demo), buy it or don't, but waiting for CM2 ain't a good option...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

CM2 will be out in about a year from now. CM1 will most likely not come down in price until then (if at all). Anybody that would pass up on a great game for a year for the hope of getting a $10 or so discount is being a bit silly IMHO smile.gif I mean, $10 over the space of 365 days is under 3 cents a day. I lose more pocket change here and there during that smile.gif

Steve

[This message has been edited by Big Time Software (edited 10-01-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steve could you some time in the future start a new forum only for CM2?

Buy it. Buy it. Buy it. I just ordered it last week, and I can kick myself in the butt for getting side tracked and missing the actual release of the game. I found out it was out by seing a tatctic colum in one of the computer magazines, and was wondering HUH...its out?. Took me all of 10 minutes then to make up my mind to get the game. Buy it, steal it, win it in a poker game, just make sure you have it as soon as possible. The game is great.