Charles....Matrox G400 Issue?

I've reinstalled newest versions of DX and the video drivers in that order, reinstalled the game, tweaked the 3D panel for the card, deleted the video preference after each change etc., etc, and can still only get 640x480. I have to assume there is a problem with CM and the G400 in higher res. Will this be fixed for the final?

Although playing 640x480 on a 19" screen is not optimum, the Gold demo is absolutely superb and you guys really are to be commended. I've been wargaming since my childhood in the late 50's and computer gaming since the early 80's and have never had the experience that CM provides. To say I'm salivating over the final would be an understatement. Thanks guys, for all of your efforts, your vision and your committment to stay true to your hearts about what you wanted to be able to offer in this field of endeavor.

Ghost

Guest KwazyDog

Ghost, I am pretty sure one of the beta testers is using a G400. Try deleting the preferences file in the Combat Mission directory and reselect the resolution for a start. If that gives you no joy, let us know smile.gif

Kwazydog... I did that and just tried it again. Get a black screen and the Windows boing sound and have to C/A/D back to the desktop. Still only works in 640x480. If you do have a beta tester with a G400, I'd like to know what his G400 options are set at...polygon acceleration, device bitmaps caching, bus mastering, etc.

Thanks,

Ghost

Although it may have no bearing on your problem you may want to check your G400's BIOS version (which can be either seen - very quickly - at boot or from your Display control panel - Info tabs).

The latest rev. is 1.5.22:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/bios/home2.htm

The latest driver for the G400 is 5.52.015:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/latest_drivers/home.htm

I don't know a lot about the G400, but which version do you have ? A "dual head" display version or a TV out (Marvel) version or just a standard G400/G400 Max, etc. ?

[This message has been edited by Schrullenhaft (edited 05-12-2000).]

Guest srare

I also have a G400 - I found that the newest driver does not work well with CM and some other games. The Certified driver works fine, try that.

Manx..out of curiousity, are you using the certified driver?

Srare..I'll try the Certified as I loaded the newest buils which isn't certified. Could be the problem but can you tell me you option settings for the card?

Thanks,

Ghost

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

GhostOne, I don't know if this will help you, but apparently CM doesn't like overclocked video cards. If you have overclocked your G400, then that maybe the problem.

I don't know if that'll work, but you may give it a shot. Hope it helps. smile.gif